Why do the sound packs keep being so similar?

I totaly agree. Futur Bass and SynthWave producers are seriously helped by the AUxy team. I feel like their songs are always repost too. Why not the others ?
Ps : thank to have set Auxy Jam at free

2 Likes

You used them to remake one of my unused projects, Rude Frog -> :b:ude :b:rog

2 Likes

thank you! i’m to clarify, @Peregrihn @EVERANGE i’m not really talking about the sound genres like retrowave. you can easily use distortion and compression to bend those to your will. it’s mostly the fact they often consistently sound the same - i don’t feel the same rush every time i open up auxy and find a new soundpack - i feel the app is being flooded with the same 12 or so sounds over and over. i’m thinking up the quality and lessen the quantity

1 Like

when was the last time you actually felt excited for a soundpack? mine was panic attack. that was a long time ago

1 Like

Probably either destiny or pluck and go

1 Like

exactly. it almost certainly wasn’t one of the bog standard sounds we got in the past few months

1 Like

Mine was probably Dirty House Selection. After that, it went down the drain. Even earlier ones where altering between bad and good. Euphoric Memories is probably my favorite.

@Doviro

2 Likes

Bruh stop pinging him for no reason.

His posting wasn’t working so we tried pinging and it fixed the issue

1 Like

Oh okay.

Yeah I’m thinking we need to call the waaahmbulance on this one

3 Likes

I’m sure you have to realize how immature that sounds…

anyway @Aqzi don’t wanna be the cliche retrowave producer in the house but DX 100 got me excited

3 Likes

@Peregrihn i hate to say it but wouldn’t you be biased on this considering you make the exact music these packs are intended for

i would be too by the same logic let’s not forget

That’s why I was self aware… if we’re talking any others tho, Euphoric Memories was the last that got me excited

But since then, I’ve found that even in the packs that’s haven’t been as initially excited about due to sounds that sounded the same I’ve been able to find and shape sounds to unique timbres

2 Likes

exactly. some of these sounds are identical to eachother. i feel like the devs are just pumping out low grade sounds to hide the fact auxy is dying and they don’t have the guts to fix it

3 Likes

They seem like they’re getting lazy and don’t want to even come see what the auxy community thinks anymore

3 Likes

So I didn’t want to type this message, but I’ve seen so many discussions about the Auxy devs recently, so I gotta join one.:wink:

I do agree, we have some similar sounds, and I want more versatile packs (like neuro basses😏).

Have to disagree one this one, I got reposted 5 times and made it to staff picks twice, even though I make drum and bass. It might seem like almost only those genres gets reposted but that is because there are more future bass and synthwave tracks made in Auxy than other genres.

Also, not true. Distortion can do a lot if you experiment a lot. I sometimes use distortion on chords stabs for silk for example, it can really help.

Also not really true, I’ve made neuro basses with bitcrusher, and it doesn’t sound pixelly. If you use the crusher, then it’ll sound pixelly.

@Dadmother is a perfect example of someone that pushes the boundaries of Auxy, what’s possible and what the limits are on this app.

There’s really a lot possible with Auxy, I’ve noticed recently there’s even more possible. You just need to experiment and be patient.:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

i mean sure you can make a good variety of sounds with the current options given, but i guess what people are also asking is why not just give people these sounds that they are bending the app around to make.

As dadmo said, he CAN make a whole lotta sick guitar/metal/rock sounds with the given instruments, but it was a long road to get to that point and a lot of tweaking with instruments to create one guitar. Why not just give dadmo the guitar.
Saves a lot of time and lets people actually do what the app was designed for, to have ideas you can create/put down on-the-go, not “sound design for an hour for a ____ sound”. At that point, just get a desktop daw or any other of the more complex and purpose built apps for that.

1 Like