Why all the labels?

I’m just a bit confused why everyone’s making “labels”, except for maybe 1 or 2, they don’t seem needed. anyone know where and why the spike in label creation happened?

5 Likes

everyone copied me

10 Likes

Has anyone submitted tracks and had them released by an established label?

5 Likes

I’m not sure, im just talking about all the “repost labels” like amino acids and

now because of all the comments a completely different note:

VVVVV

3 Likes

Generally, I feel that this community has a liking for making labels for the exclusivity of it, which then go on to collapse because no one wants to release with them.

2 Likes

Vvvvv is not a repost label, amino acids is for producers under 125 followers

4 Likes

Auxy collective is a repost label

2 Likes

But that’s because of lack of democratically sourced promo

1 Like

Depends on what you mean by label

2 Likes

How did you get the idea that VVVVV was a repost label? Did you even bother to look at the account? Lol

Agreed tho, I think everyone wants labels just for the cool feeling of having one, and then the label dies a couple days later. F

6 Likes

This is why I haven’t released on a auxy-oriented label yet. I see no reason why I should. Besides, I don’t know any auxy-oriented label that would work well with my sound.

4 Likes

I have (Preconceived Notions and Cosmic Superior) and a few others have (blackocean, stereofield, etc). I think it’s a really good idea to get your music on labels because it provides lots of promotion and allows your music to get heard.

The Auxy community is creating a lot of labels lately, but I honestly don’t see anything wrong with it; and come to think of it I think there are only three or four labels started by people in this community.

It’s a good idea to get your music listened to starting wit smaller ones like Frontier, Melo, etc and then jumping up to ones run by other people like Phuture Collective Networks for example. :smile:

1 Like

just curious, what do you mean by auxy-oriented label…? i don’t think there is one :stuck_out_tongue: many are started by auxians but accept all DAWs like usual

3 Likes

From what I’ve seen, they do it because they want to have control over curation of tracks. This usually works out for most of the label owners… the only catch being that there are no tracks :sob:

Freeform Records was pretty much the OG label as far as those that the Auxy Community had access to (it was smaller but still gave decent listening stats, often times more than artists could achieve themselves which is the point of a label).

Frontier was the “sequel” to it, (i.e. the second prominent label to be made that the Auxy Community had significant access to), and since Frontier started to become known within the community I believe that’s when the influx of smaller labels started.

So yes. That’s actually rather accurate. :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

I have a track coming out on a 170k sub youtube label sometime soon, pretty excited! And a few other Auxy producers have been on labels. SanaB, blackocean, and some others I believe

3 Likes

daaaamn link me that when its out please!

1 Like

I don’t do many label releases but I’ve been on LUNCH BOX (2.6K followers) and Future Vibes (5.3K followers) as well as featured on Fluidified (360K subscribers on YT)

Edit: the one on Fluidified was vErY mUcH a remix of @crystldawnmusic’s track

4 Likes

I think that people want to feel important. ‘Label owner and Electronic Musician’ sounds better on a resumé than just ‘Electronic Musician’. :wink:

There are way too many Auxy labels/reposting pages, although two or three of them are pretty professional and I would consider releasing/promoting with them.

5 Likes

:smirk:  w h i c h   o n e s

2 Likes

It was very much a remix of @crystldawnmusic’s track.

2 Likes