Which tracks should Auxy repost? (Don't recommend your own releases/collabs!)

Okay, I second Mamba by @IAATOE

@lenberg, serously, repost MAMBA!!! 4 different people want it to be reposted, and one of them has asked twice!

And also…

REPOST MAMBA
REPOST MAMBA
REPOST MAMBA
REPOST MAMBA
REPOST MAMBA
REPOST MAMBA
REPOST MAMBA
REPOST MAMBA
REPOST MAMBA
REPOST MAMBA
REPOST MAMBA
REPOST MAMBA
REPOST MAMBA
REPOST MAMBA
REPOST MAMBA
REPOST MAMBA
REPOST MAMBA
REPOST MAMBA
REPOST MAMBA
REPOST MAMBA
REPOST MAMBA
REPOST MAMBA
REPOST MAMBA
REPOST MAMBA
REPOST MAMBA

https://soundcloud.com/goxenar/goxenar-x-austin-haga-lighting

This needs to be reposted. I’m shooketh that it was only liked.

Agreed.

How about this track?
It was done by @El1011 and me, so maybe Auxy should repost it or at least give it a like, or something, lol…
https://soundcloud.com/m_x_c_n/into_the_vortex

Which tracks should Auxy report? (Don’t recommend your own stuff!)

The first rule of Fight Club is… >_>

Technically speaking, it’s not my own stuff, it’s a collab…

I kid, I don’t care lol. I just thought it was funny :slight_smile:

:joy:

This deserves a repost and hella more plays and likes…

Storm by @T3CH

Criminally underplayed.

Such an honor, thank you so much!!!

You’re very welcome.

Now, how about that 8 minute version? :wink:

If this does not get reposted I will eat my hat.
https://soundcloud.com/goxenar/goxenar-x-austin-haga-lighting
Backing you up @TheRealJFalc
THIS SONG IS AMAZING!

YES PLEASE
That song was amazing

They even commented on it, but only liked it. How does that work?

…they don’t have to repost everything they see :joy:

But seriously, that song is AMAZING

they don’t have to repost everything they see

I guess it’s just as well no-one said they should Repost everything they see.

Some are (reasonably) wondering why Auxy formally Likes a track and engages in its comments, but doesn’t Repost it.

Well, to hopefully answer that question, it seems like some people don’t really see the fact as clearly that just because a song is good and Lenberg / Fredrik dropped it a like or commented on it, doesn’t mean that it warrants a repost.

It might be a good idea to check out that thread again by AKA as there were a bunch of points raised about why people don’t repost as much as other types of support such as liking and commenting, and I’m sure a ton of those reasons apply to the Auxy team as well. :ok_hand:

It might be a good idea to check out that thread again by AKA

(scratches head)

(I’d quite forgotten what a ‘fun-fest’ that thread turned into. :wink:

Let's use your own summary…
  1. There is a difference between commenting that something is good and listening to it, and taking up a spot on their own personal profile with your track.
  2. Some people who enjoy your track don’t feel that it is their style of music that they produce, and therefore don’t repost it.
  3. Certain people don’t repost tracks period, whether it be to keep their soundcloud profile “cleaner”, or to highlight their own tracks more without cluttering it up with highlights from other people’s music.
  4. Reposting can be viewed as a type of free promotion for whoever is reposted. That’s not something to necessarily take super lightly. It’s why huge promotional SoundCloud accounts exist. Individual Auxy users can be viewed as a “miniature” version of that.
  5. Sometimes people like your song enough to give you a like or a comment, but not enough to repost it. That’s just a plain and simple fact.

Only #5 (and maybe #4*) potentially applies to Auxy.

(* based on vague criteria about ‘quality’)

People just want to understand as best they can. Auxy’s position isn’t particularly helpful in that regard.

They’ve been vague at best about Reposts (that’s kinda their chosen way), including what their process is for discovering candidates and what they’re looking for in a good Repost candidate track.
This thread exists as a direct response to Lenberg’s own request for the community to put forward recommendations. But, as with many things, it’s not particularly clear how much he’s engaging with it.

(I’m not suggesting a recommendation should automatically lead to a Repost. But, this thread is a good-will gesture from the community to help Auxy. If that’s not being appreciated, then that’s disappointing a mistake.)

Until members/users are given something meaningful that they can understand and appreciate — and, for some, to work towards – these questions will continue to come up (and feed discontent amongst the community).

Evidently, whatever their current approach is, it’s not ‘satisfying’ the questioners.

Anyhoo… :slight_smile: