Where Should I Sell My Music?

Hey guys, do you have any ideas where I should sell my music? I was thinking Bandcamp because it’s very straightforward, but I wanted to see if anybody has suggestions.

2 Likes

They will put it on spotify and itunes and a bunch of other places, you get to keep 100% of you royalties, and it’s totally free!

5 Likes

Cool! It seems kinda suspicious though. You sure it’s legit?

1 Like

Yes. A lot of auxy users use it.

3 Likes

That doesn’t make it legit though. I still don’t trust anything that is marketed as completely free. Suspicious. Here I am using Auxy tho :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yeah I’ll look into it

It worked for Halogen and Harmony. It should work for you as well! =D

Make sure the song isn’t already on SC though as a public track.

2 Likes

I’ve seen that problem referenced about songs already public on SoundCloud several times. I had mine approved by amuse.io already and have this Friday as a release date and many are public on SoundCloud. Was it the stores that hold it up, or amuse? I’m either past that hurdle or haven’t hit it yet. Anyone able to clarify their experience? TIO

1 Like

Something I found regarding how Amuse makes money. Note: A previous statement was made that Amuse make their money by selling user data.

Written by username “Andreas Ahlenius” 2 months ago

Hey! I am one of the co-founders of Amuse. Thanks for posting about us. Let me clarify our business model though. We DO NOT sell data to third parties at all. We are a record label that does digital music distribution for free. Our business model is to sign artists to our label. By providing free distribution we get access to a lot of interesting new artists. We look at the data we get from the services like spotify, apple music and youtube etc, to understand which of the thousands of artists using our service that is generating true fans. The ones we think we can help and become future stars, we offer a license deal. In the case where the artist wants to work with us, our deal is simple, we split profits 50/50. So that’s how we make money, by providing a free, fair and simple service to distribute your music and when there is opportunity to make something big we partner with the artist. More info on www.amuse.io

2 Likes

The interwebs

You pay with data

@nep:neutral_face:

Bandcamp is great, but people don’t buy there unless you’re either really popular or your fans are not average Auxy users (i.e. they’re older than 20 and have money)

More info on the Amuse business model: https://amuse.io/why-it-is-free/

2 Likes

Yeah, I put that before I read your post *laughs nervously*

3 Likes

The only music I’ve bought in the past couple of years has been via Bandcamp. (Everything else comes via streaming service subscriptions, primarily Spotify.)

(Slightly annoyingly*, I most recently bought two releases (minimal/drone/ambient**) by a guy called LFZ, before realising I hadn’t initially searched properly on Spotify – they’re both on there. D’oh!)

* …though not majorly. I’m happy to put money in the guy’s hands and give support as I’ve been playing those two releases solidly since discovering them.

** I fancy making some minimalist drone in Auxy.

1 Like

Nice! I’d assume you’re older than 18 :wink:

Just a tad. :wink:

Ironically, rather than being a grumpy old fogey moaning about how ‘the music kids listen to these days isn’t real music’, one of the genres of music I like most actually is noise. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Loll :wink: point is you have a job and can support musicians. Wow, noise
sounds interesting :thinking: I guess :thinking:

1 Like

Check out the band Merzbow or the genre Lowercase/Microsound – different ends of the Noise (genre) spectrum.
You’ll either love it or hate it. :wink:

1 Like