Where do you share/post your music?

For example I share mine with fellow Auxy users on here and I post my tracks on Soundcloud.

I’m curious what other platforms people use.

SoundCloud, YouTube, Spotify, and iTunes

1 Like

Everywhere Amuse releases. Getting into the habit of sharing Spotify more than SC since the average joe doesn’t really use SC.

Also getting quite a bit more active on Twitter lately C/O @darwinmcd and @Cheddr

6 Likes

Dito

1 Like

How do you get your music on Spotify and ITunes?

Amuse

Sorry if I’m being an idiot but what does that mean?

It’s a music distributing app

1 Like

Thanks I’ll check it out

1 Like

There’s a lot to choose from, some have a cost, some don’t. A lot of us here use Amuse - you can find it on the App Store. It’s very easy and free. Others include services like CD Baby, Distrokid etc. There’s a great thread in the forums here where people go through the pros and cons of them (can’t search now cause the kids are up my butt and I have a super tiny phone).

I use Amuse, I’m happy enough with it. Not sure how customer support is though never dealt with them.

3 Likes

SoundCloud

1 Like

SoundCloud and everywhere Amuse.io releases

1 Like

I’ve just downloaded the Amuse app, sounds good. I’m not expecting to make money from my music I just want as many people as possible to listen to it.

6 Likes

Same boat I’m in, more interested in the foot print than the revenue (not to mention a bucket list item of mine was having music on the iTunes Store - where they also deliver :slight_smile: )

5 Likes

Soundcloud
Twitter
Discord

1 Like

For me it’s a hobby and an interest, the more people who will listen to my music the better. And the more feedback I get the better the producer I will become.

4 Likes

Amen :slight_smile: #papabless :bowing_man:t3:

1 Like

Same here. It’s all about the music, getting it out there and finding you your audience. Nothing is more rewarding than getting feedback from a fan who liked one of your songs, or who your music resonated with. It’s what keeps me going. Definitely won’t be able to retire on the streaming revenue, but’s it’s also a nice little (and mean very little) reward seeing some compensation for doing what you love, no matter how small it is.

So glad @iammane decided to join us (@Cheddr @yaneeck @Morgen) in getting out there and connecting with a broader audience. It really is a lot of fun and very satisfying as an artist.

3 Likes

For a completely free service and to get your music distributed, Amuse is awesome. There are some additional features the paid services offer (that you sometimes have to pay extra for), like pre-orders/pre-saving (for Spotify), physical media production (CD’s), etc. but if you just want to get your music distributed, Amuse is a great service, plus you get to keep 100% of your royalties. Sounds too good to be true, but it is true. As for customer service, they are probably a little slower than the paid services (a day or two to get a response), but I expect nothing more from a free service. They are always pleaseant, helpful and responsive, you just have to have a little patience. Just follow their guidelines when submitting your music and you’ll be fine. Tip with Amuse, when uploading your music, use Dropbox (vs Google Drive), Amuse has issues with my first release accessing my song uploads from Google Drive (they recommended Dropbox), so I switched to Dropbox and have not had any issues since. It will save you some headache and back and forth.

3 Likes

Man there’s some services where you pay and it’s more than two days tops for a response lol :pensive: some places “customer service” is… yeah well, not customer centric at all lol. So even that’s good, ESPECIALLY for free!

I’ve been uploading from the Files app I think direct to Amuse and same thing, no issues :slight_smile:

2 Likes