What's your favorite (MainStream) Electronic Genre?

• Electronic
  • EDM/House
  • Drum And Bass/Jungle
  • Dubstep
  • Future Bass

0 voters

Not sure what Jungle is, but I’m gonna pick DnB since it’s mostly great!

https://soundcloud.com/flite/earth-past

Dubstep is pretty much the only music I listen to these days

1 Like

Jungle is more akin to the sound system culture where drum and bass usually has jazzy soulful vocals and a lot of oooohhhh oooooooo on top. Jungle utilizes the revered master of ceremonies :slight_smile:

AFAIK you don’t hear a lot of jungle anymore. If any new artists are doing it I NEED TO KNOW NAMES RIGHT NOW

4 Likes

I like anything really (hence why I chose Electronic) but i mostly like Glitch Hop (like this), Nu disco (this is one of my most favorite songs), and EVERYTHING from Jadu Dala. They are a label and release some of the wonkiest stuff.

1 Like

waahhhhh wah wah wahhhh wah wah wahhhhh

rawr rawr rawr

fjosnifhnifgsijfhufbvoiefesdiunvoifwuebvfwul

womp womp womp womp

^ incase you can’t tell, I love dubstep

3 Likes

Waiting for the option for Future Junglestep Electro-bass.

4 Likes

Why wait when you can create?

1 Like

Jungle and dnb are cool- but I wouldn’t really consider jungle a mainstream genre

2 Likes

I wish it was :frowning:

1 Like

Haha… I feel you man. I’m a jazz guitarist XD

3 Likes

I’m a jazz drummer! Yay jazz!

4 Likes

Where’s trap?

i always like a nasty hybrid trap drop

DnB/Drumstep
Dubstep
Glitch hop
Chillout/electronic (fijiwiji, direct, blackmill type stuff)
Trap (harder trap)

House isn’t "EDM."
Electro House, Future House, Progressive House are EDM, but you can’t lump ALL of House into EDM.
Take Deep House and Tech House. You wouldn’t play those genres on a MainStage at an EDM Festival, because they aren’t about “the drop,” but you would play them in a dark club because they are about the groove.

1 Like

Oh, and I don’t mean EDM as the blanket Electronic Dance Music, I mean it as the cheesy, bro, fist pumping music for Festivals and Pop Radio.

2 Likes

Where is trap?

1 Like

I was curious, so I did a little research. The closest I can find to a ragga jungle stream is using Congo Natty as an artist seed for your apple music / spotify / pandora whatevs. It’s been pretty successful on Pandora, I’m getting a mix of what I’m expecting and some more fast paced reggae. Whatever I’m cool with it lol.

The craziest thing is that a lot of this stuff was being produced when I was only like 10. Again, if anyone knows of any newer artists doing this I really really wanna know about them.

Aaaaand I have totally failed the point of this thread because it’s a MAINSTREAM electronic music genre thread.

bows out

1 Like