What would you use for a pretty keyboard sound?

I just need something to play a simple melody during an intro.

Right now I’m using Bo from Rac Essentials.
But I feel there may be a better alternative out there that I just haven’t tried.

Thanks

Have you checked out Vintage Keys?

2 Likes

Yeah, Vintage Keys is one of my favorites packs!

But I think I’m looking for something a bit different than those.

Something more like… idk… sorta like the keyboard at the beginning of Crawling by Linkin Park.

I quite like Bright House Piano, it’s bright and loud, really gets the piano sound out there is you are looking for that Linkin Park In the End type of piano I think that’s a pretty close one. :blush:

1 Like

Omg soz, I thought you were talking about In The End! Didn’t read properly! You mean the melody at the start of Crawling? I think that kind of sound like a muffled Coin? Like turn the low pass to the middle type of Coin? Lol

1 Like

I’ve sometimes been trying out Vintage (Standard Deviation) as a more synthy alternative to Vintage Keys.
Maybe trying that at a higher octave, trying out some distortion options, and layering it with something bell-like would get you something like your reference.

1 Like

The sounds that I know might sound like a nice piano include: kiss, coin, bo, bright house piano, everything in signature pianos (especially noir in a high octave), and radiant if you really modified the sound. Highpassing them or raising the notes an octave helps in reducing the volume slightly and making the melody sound like it’s being played by a pluck as well.

2 Likes

I think a down-pitch piano just like in alasens beat “crowd control”. I would use Noir, Chalk, Origin or Glow because these 4 pianos have the different but exact same feeling to place the pitch down.

1 Like