What we miss in Auxy 🙁!

I never used the og Auxy app. I wish I did… Man, I can only imagine what those synths sounded like…

1 Like

If you want to see the rest I mean, if you have auxy jam (new version), there’s sounds that auxy pro does not have. Well some of them came in the new version but still! It’s okay my guy, hope we get em soon…

Def miss auto-syncing between devices.
Not sure why they removed that. It was very useful.

2 Likes

I think it’s still here but now it’s with airdrop, I think?

It’s just that little bit too much effort, compared to before, which was more seamless.
If I continue work on the other device, I’ll generally grab it from iOS Files Auxy backups, as I may not always have the device with the latest version on it with me when I fancy working on it more.

(Tbh, I thought the feature wasn’t far off being perfect, so I was surprised and disappointed when they pulled it. It was a game-changer when they added it. Made a real difference to my x-device workflow.)

Did they ever explain why they pulled it?

2 Likes

It’s not, you used to be able to automatically sync projects between devices without having to do anything. Now you have to AirDrop them or send yourself a link

2 Likes

Idk what you mean by that.

It used to be that projects and samples were all saved in iCloud. The folder structure looked like iCloud/Auxy/Samples (it’s actually still there now). You could have a project on like, an iPhone, even with samples, and if you picked up an iPad signed into the same iCloud account you could open that project and all the samples with no issues because they all pointed to the same place.

The change to locally stored samples came in version 6 I think? Or some 5.x release. So what happens now is that both projects and samples are stored locally. If you pick up another device all of the projects and samples no longer live in the cloud, so in order to continue on another device you’d have to airdrop or copy to Files app, etc.

That’s what crystldawn and ThoughtfulNoise are talking about

4 Likes

Okay now I get it.

1 Like

Apparently, it was dropped due to apple’s own API being hard to work with and causing performance issues when trying to load projects. So the feature was dropped back with 5.4, it was a month or two before 6 actually launched.

While I don’t begrudge the removal due to technical difficulties, I still feel it was a bad choice and it’s one of the reasons I’ve moved away from Auxy as a whole.

2 Likes

Ahaa. Guess it’s understandable.
Still a shame though. So handy.

Like you, it kinda impacted how much I use Auxy, accelerating my move to using Ableton more.

Still a subscriber though.

1 Like

Interesting.

I typically fetch the latest backup version if I’m picking something up on the other device. I guess the fact that I still use the existing iCloud Files/Auxy/Samples location for all new sample means that all the used samples locations still kinda connect up.

1 Like

Backups are still there, just unclear on sample behavior. I always thought it needed to be imported to local app space to be used, but someone on another thread says otherwise. I have no idea can’t test myself. But yeah, any projects that don’t use samples outside of what’s available in Auxy can always be loaded from iCloud/Auxy/Backups

2 Likes

I just miss some of the old sounds which got changed. And some of the ”rare” colors like gold, violet, pastel blue, gray etc.

2 Likes

Made a project with some of the old colors, however I couldnt find my white one although I remember having- and using a white color. Heres the project link: https://app.auxy.co/projects/MeOCWfPVfzuJcgun1JMk7w==

1 Like

Might just be wrong about white (my memory sucks) but I feel like there was one…

1 Like

https://app.auxy.co/projects/rE1geSsT-sbCG1-AqKz5LA==

3 Likes

The secret gray is a vibe

1 Like

So there was a white one!! But where did you get all those others from?? (The brick, indigo, green, gray ones). I think the red and pink look pretty similar to usable colors though.

Wait wth you have a black one too?!