What to do if your song got stolen 😐

Yes there’s tons of stuff like this that goes on and really the only thing you can do is report it to the website. :confused: however, that means someone found your song good enough for them to want it to be their own!

Plagiarism starts really early in a producer’s career but yeah they don’t benefit much from it. Plus you get a bit used to it after a while.

5 Likes

oh my kevinhood…
btw why only put intros…?lol
12 Likes

Yeah I mean, all you can do is report it on the platform where it happened. That’s about it. So if you guys haven’t reported it yet, get to steppin…

5 Likes

Seems this guy is a repeat offender.

5 Likes

@HYDRANS

He also made a redo of wind and called it colors

edit: might be someone else’s remix from the competition, not sure

2 Likes

Boy what an ass. He says basically how important his work is to him, but I guess it’s ok to completely rip off other people. Fantom 87 should just “get over his feelings” right?

“When developing my album, two of the tracks, the second a remastered version of the first, I used a royalty-free sample pack provided by Auxy, the app I in part use to make my music. I hadn’t realized that this ‘pack’ was actually a song of the artist Fantom ’87”

Immediately followed by:

“Let’s be clear on one thing: my intent was never malicious and all of my songs belong to me and have been mixed, mastered, produced, and developed by me.”

Yeah??? :thinking:

9 Likes

Wasn’t this the guy who released an entire album of ripped music from SoundCloud? I bumped into this myself on Apple Music

3 Likes

@El1011 update: he said that him & his group “multiply” are figuring the situation out and not to contact them again :upside_down_face:

1 Like

8 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if “Amanda” and “Anthony” and “Andrew” and “Tyler” are all the same person :joy:

Why is this guy trying to sound like a professional when he’s blatantly plagiarizing people’s music??

9 Likes

I have no idea why :sleepy:

Oh jayyy has been doing this for a while he needs to screw off

3 Likes

Stealing is not okay, no matter how popular.

5 Likes

I can tell the guy has just about everyone’s song on each album :joy:

I hate this guy so much, I’m just glad he hasn’t found any of my stuff yet

6 Likes

I had a scroll through his social profiles.

Seems to be some kid from Philly running a Super Global Mega Corporation from his bedroom…

Also, looks like he’s distributing his your music via Stem, so they might be the best people to contact regarding takedowns…?

7 Likes

Good find I’ll contact them

1 Like

im guessing this “label” is just the same dude. maybe he has personality disorder and pretends to be multiple people. who knows

8 Likes

He said the “song and its samples were distributed with a non commercial license.” This is technically incorrect. You can do what you want with the actual project, but the actual song is still totally protected by copyright unless you specifically made it non commercial. The feed projects do not give you any rights to post any form of the original song whatsoever. It’s the project, and the project ONLY that is free to use (as in mess with) and share. No audio /music usage rights are granted.

4 Likes
closed #45