What should I do to improve my music?

I feel bland rn. What do you guys want to hear? What should I do to make the dukwub more like Duk and less like every other song out there?

2 Likes

Dukwub is life <3
Some house would be nice to hear
As promised in your SC bio

Give downtempo a try. No wubs, just laid back melodies and harmonies that sometimes go overboard. Experiment. Join the dark side, we have chill ;3

3 Likes

Idea: Take all of the instruments that you’ve never/rarely used and make a song with them.

3 Likes

Make a song with gossip for once @Produk

2 Likes

One word:
MEEMZ

If I were you, I’d try out every single style you can think of. Doesn’t matter if there’s a genre or not, just do it. Write what you feel. If you want to write a future bass song, go for future bass. If you want to write ambient, go for ambient. If you want to write EDM (Epic Doom Metal) do it! If you just got a vibe in mind, go for that vibe. Set a timer and do a song in forty four minutes. Place down some random chords without thinking, maybe they’ll sound good. Try writing 60bpm swing ten and E major (all my old songs :P) and see where you get. And if you want to truly be unique, write something that you don’t think will sound good, finish it, then make it sound better.

Try everything, it’s worth it. And if you aren’t having fun writing a song, don’t write it.

You could try collaborating with some people with other styles. That’s helped me before.

2 Likes

My favorite thing to do is make chill and EDM tracks with a touch of wubs. That way, it’s not full on Future Bass. It’s something new I’m trying out. A great way to add ‘subtle’ wubs is with Jelly, because it’s volume often fluctuates with wubs so it’s quiet sometimes and loud other times (usually loud with the start of a note). Typically Jelly is wubbed alongside Silk and/or Hour, but it’s nice on its own too. You can hear some subtle Jelly wubs in the chorus of my recent remix of James Lucien’s Re/Fragmented.

3 Likes