What’s the longest you’ve worked on a song?

I’ve working on a song for an entire month
And I pretty much hate The way it sounds now XD. What’s the longest one you’ve worked on?
Also: I mean main songs-not side projects.

1 Like

7 months. Granted they were different versions, reworks and stuff of the same song but they were very spread out. I don’t have the original anymore. Version two is here: https://soundcloud.com/james-lucien-official/fragmentation and the final version is here: https://soundcloud.com/james-lucien-official/refragmented

I literally typed those in manually. Glad I got the links right xD

1 Like

Probably 'bout 5 months…The fastest time I’ve worked on a song was 'bout 3 minutes…
(To self, "Maybe that’s why my music is so cringy…)

1 Like

Ive been working on a track for the past 3 weeks and due to some problems with my computer i cant upload, so thats another delay in my release dates :confounded::confounded:

That being said… is it suitable for me to announce an hiatus? I’ve lost and gained followers due to these gaps between each release… any advice?

1 Like

I would recommend that, if you can multitask at this level, work on multiple songs at the same time. That way, when you finish one song, but you still have, “The Big One” to finish, just upload the one that’s already finished and you can still supply content while still creating it at the same time. If that even makes a bit of sense, lol.

2 Likes

Took 3-4 months to rework Looking Back until I was happy with it

1 Like

I also have the problem of coming up with tunes and not being able to finish them :joy:

Also because they sound too similar to me, leading me to lose my motivation and my creative urge
Its a sad lyf with my laptop rn, hopefully i can get it fixed soon :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

You can still upload straight out of Auxy to Soundcloud though, no?

1 Like

Ive tried time and again, but it never works :upside_down_face:
I thought getting the premium would sort things out (pls dont ask what logic i applied here :joy:)
Ive also signed in many times, just in case the problem was a faulty link, still doesnt work
@Auxy sorry to disturb you, but this has been a lasting issue ever since i got the app, i have sent the error feedback thingo. I used to think it was a problem with my internet, which it probably is but after trying to upload on a wayyyy better network, still faced the same issue

1 Like

You said you used Auxy on your computer, correct? Maybe that’s your problem! Try using your phone, or tablet if you have one!

1 Like

Auxy is not available on Pc, by that i meant that i had a longer upload route, from my phone; mailed to my laptop and then uploaded to SC

1 Like

+1 year, maybe two.

2 Likes

3 months. Its still not finished

1 Like

still have 1/2 finished projects from 6+ months ago

1 Like

Why don’t you just upload it straight to SoundCloud with your phone? It works like that as well! You can choose your upload photo, and you can even choose to let others remix your song if you really want to!!

1 Like

Just takes me forever to get a melody about a month and then it flows smoothly and quickly till the drop and then another couple days later I get a good drop and then I can make the rest easy then I listen to it a million times and edit until I’m satisfied. But if I did it all straight it would probably take about 5 hours. I’m just kinda too lazy.

1 Like

6 weeks I think?

1 Like

It had vocals and eveything tho

1 Like

uhhhh, over 1 and a half years?

yeeeeeeee thats coming this weekend on my lp.
get hyped.

2 Likes

I can’t really estimate the span of days I work on a song, sometimes it’s various.

But I definitely spend about 18-22 hours on each track. So approx. 3-4 weeks. On bigger tracks or collaborations, I spend more hours/days

1 Like