What is a "professional" Auxy artist?

Edit:I fixed a ton of spelling errors :stuck_out_tongue:
Hey everyone! Had a quick question and was wondering if you all could help me out a bit. I see many people have been labeling themselves, either Amateur Auxy producer,professional producer, and so on. What does is mean to truly be professional? Does it require having prior music knowledge and background? Does it mean that you are successfully selling your music? Does it mean that you have X amount of years of experience in Auxy and/or the music world?
(I have been trying to think of whether to put in my soundcloud bio that I was either an Amateur…or professional. Which is correct for me?!)

Thanks a bunch guys!

1 Like

I personally think that being a “professional Auxy producer” means that you’re comfortable with your sound and your own style, and the rest of the community respects you for having that signature style and sound that sets you apart from the rest of the “amateurs.”

7 Likes

Being a professional means that you do it as a profession in regards to the definition. A professional would do music as a job. (Not nevessarily full time) which includes selling and creating music for some sort of monetary gain.

2 Likes

I think the term “professional” would indicate that it is your job and/or main source of income.

4 Likes

maybe if you spelled “professional” right in the title, you’d be a tad more professional? :wink:

4 Likes

you’re a regular, can’t u change it?

1 Like

There shouldn’t be any “professionals” here, this is a place where we all can interact on an equal level. If we give people with a few more followers and plays the title of “professional” or “more popular”, it ruins the interaction between all of us, and can also stir up possible hate or dislike just because someone has more attention on SC than you. I personally try not to judge people based on their popularity or things like that, and would strongly encourage people to do the same.

11 Likes

Agreed. There shouldn’t be a social hierarchy based on how many followers, listens or likes we have.

6 Likes

First things first, don’t put “amerature” on your bio since that’s not a real word.
Amateur - it’s your hobby
Professional - it’s your job

7 Likes

I just did

2 Likes

Adding onto everything that’s been said, who would even label themselves as professional or amateur? I would understand if you were labeling other people as that, but if that were to happen, It would just make you look egotistical.

Like @aUstin_Haga said, we’re all on one level. So unless you’re doing it as your job, it’s complete amateur hour here.

2 Likes

Rofl sorry! I was writing this on my old Iphone and I didn’t pay attention that well :stuck_out_tongue:

My spelling is spot on…shush…

JK :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like