What happened to Staff Picks and Auxy reposts?

Was staff picks just for 2019?

9 Likes

@MisterMaster

1 Like

So, this stuff is actually driven by the devs, not us. We don’t have access to the Auxy SC account and neither to the feed in app.

3 Likes

I’d ask @lenberg about it, he’s probably just taking a break from reposting and will resume soon though. Idk about the staff picks

3 Likes

8 Likes

They seem to release the staff picks for the month prior at the end of the current month. So maybe if we wait until late Feb we might see the staff picks pop up for January

3 Likes

yeah they still aren’t back lol

7 Likes

Yeah they have started to get really slack on this. I understand that there is a lot of work going into an app like Auxy. However, these past couple of months they have really dropped the ball in terms of maintaining and interacting with their community. I haven’t been online much, partly because of the lack of interaction we receive from the devs within the community, and the slow degradation of consistent reposts and uploads, including the release of sound packs for the premium subscribers at a set schedule (its prime source of income should I add). The last that I publicly heard from the devs outside of the mixed moods pack was them asking us to change our reviews on the appstore. Now, if you ask me, those reviews were there for a reason. I’m not saying Auxy neccessarily deserves these reviews, however, some, unbiased people may (Honestly, I agree that whole “literally no app without premium” idea was a bust). I don’t know if I’m just being pedantic, but the Dev team have slowly but surely been removing themselves from the community, each month taking longer for a sound pack and longer intervals between uploads and reposts (it all started from the removal of BTC).

Again, I understand that creating and maintaining an app like Auxy is bloody hard work, I respect that. It’s just sad to see things come to what they seem to be right now. I hope someday, the brilliant devs will finally bless us with their return.

Thanks for listening to my rant.
@lenberg @Fredrik

13 Likes

And not to mention that the packs have felt less consistently high quality/unique and different from sounds we already have the last few months. wonder what’s going on.

10 Likes

I have no clue?

Sorry you feel abandoned! We’re constantly changing how we do things in order for everything to evolve as the app and community matures. For instance, last year we tried doing monthly staff picks instead of just regular reposting. I think it was a nice format, but over time the goal is to level things up to a point where we (the Auxy team) are not needed to promote people’s music and, as an extension of that, be the reason people make music and go online to learn and talk about it.

6 Likes

Wow @lenberg

You create an app primarily to help new, and up-and-coming artists…
You allow the app to expand and develop along side artists, so they can grow with the app, instead of learning to catch up…
You refine our capabilities with a simple, elegant, and effective Auxy “pro”…
And you set us on our own journey, without the training wheels…

I’m excited to think it’s time for us Auxy artists to branch outside the promotion of an “Auxy Repost” :joy:

2 Likes

but what about the artists who are just now coming into the community and starting to use the app?

stuff like this happens periodically in the auxy community. there’s not much we can really do about it, we just have to trust that the devs have things under control (which, in the past, they have proven time and time again that they DO, in fact, have everything under control for the most part).
to my recollection, the first notable time the devs went relatively silent was back in 2018 when they were working on updates for the app. everyone was freaking out (some members of the community even left because of this hiatus), but it turned out to be nothing. my best advice would be to trust the devs. they clearly know what they’re doing, otherwise this community wouldn’t even be here.

thanks for listening to my ted talk.

3 Likes