What genre is this song?

So I have this song I’m working on, but idk what genre it is. Anyone know?
Link:

2 Likes

It had that Ambient feel at the start, but that changed completely later on.

4 Likes

What was it later on? Trance?

2 Likes

Maybe. But I’m really more an expert in the Future Bass, Ambient (& Trap) stuff. So I can’t say for sure.

2 Likes

I just looked at the types of trance and there is nothing like it. It is probably some sort of dance or other genre.

1 Like

This sounds more like chillstep/ almost like chill trap with a very ambient intro, which is fine. I can send you some examples of some other chillstep/trap tracks so you know where I’m coming from :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I wouldn’t say it’s trap because the bass is not a trap base, but it definitely has an ambient and chillstep intro.

Reminds me a lot of Au5, but seems to shift into a more house genre since the melody remains the same.

Progressive house possibly?

2 Likes

I looked up future base and it sounds very similar to what I made. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

I don’t think it sounds like house, but thanks for your inputs. I found that is is Ambient/Future Bass

1 Like

It sounds different to the Future Basses I heard of :rofl: . Anyway, this is a great track, especially with that genre change mid-way. :+1:

1 Like

Whatever floats ur boat. Could just label it “electronic” too.

If I’m being totally honest, it doesn’t really sound like any future bass I’ve ever heard.

What kind of track did you reference when picking out the genre??
Generally when I think of future bass I hear something like this: https://soundcloud.com/officialpandaeyes/panda-eyes-master-sword
Or
https://soundcloud.com/monstercat/anime-bae

However it’s still a good take for the track as a whole and I really like that intro

1 Like

I’m sorry, but what is going on here?

3 Likes

I thought this sounded the most similar out of all the other genres.
1 Like

I thought this sounded the most similar out of all of them, but until I find one closer I’m just going to call it future bass

1 Like

Heavy reverb and a bunch of mascara loops w/ some drums, guitar/piano bass, and a couple of other instruments. I started making the track before I really knew anything about music theory so atm I’m just cleaning it up.

2 Likes

It’s too calming, but it’s definitely close.

1 Like

dang that one brings back memories.

i hear it in the beginning, but less so with the drop (lack of wubs/power chords)

1 Like

The best genre I can give you is probably Progressive Trance, though I could be completely wrong