What does Background Audio do?

What does it do though?

When background audio is turned on and Auxy is playing you can back out of the app and it will continue to play - in the background.

It’s like my favorite thing

Oh dang I didn’t know I could do that thx

Playing while on discord!

@lenberg - I don’t think background audio is fully working. Auxy’s audio cuts out when the display turns off either by pressing the button on the right side of the iPhone or the set time elapses with the screen auto-lock.

I’ve checked background audio on many other apps and the audio does not cut out when the display turns off. This is useful for example if you want to play your Auxy songs with your iPhone in your pocket. Any chance you can look at this?

Lol I still have a habit of pressing pause between apps coz I forget u can have it running in the back now.

Ableton Link also allowed for background audio before it had its own setting, I almost always had it on.

i forgot link even worked with auxy

It’s not meant to be for letting Auxy run while you lock the phone and put it in your pocket. This requires some additional bg audio stuff I think. If you want to listen to your tracks, it’s better to render and send them to some music player app.

Correct! This was the background audio “hack” :slight_smile:

It does :slight_smile: very handy for auditioning against other apps to get a solid groove going

@lenberg, I wouldn’t be so quick to disregard this. It’s too time consuming with the work around you have suggested just so I can hear Auxy audio with the iPhone locked.

Background Audio allows 100% of the following apps to run audio with the iPhone or iPad locked:

• Egoist
  • Beatmaker 2
  • Beatmaker 3
  • Beatwave
  • Figure
  • Triqtraq
  • Caustic
  • Cubasis
  • Nanostudio 2
  • Aphelian
  • Blocs Wave
  • Groovebox
  • Troublemaker
  • Garageband
  • Grooverider
  • Yellofier
  • KRFT
  • Korg Gadget 2
  • Korg Electribe Wave
  • Korg iDS-10
  • Elastic drums
  • Music Studio
  • BeatHawk
  • iMaschine 2
  • iMPC Pro 2
  • Stagelight
  • Medly

These are just a few I quickly tested. It appears to be standard to allow this so it seems Auxy is definitely lacking this functionality.

Interestingly, why does Auxy Classic on my iPad allow audio to run with the iPad locked?