What do you guys do when you feel uninspired

Guys for like a month ive been trying to make music but when i make some progress i just feel like im just redoing my old songs.What do you guys do when you feel like that you just keep repeating the same thing?

4 Likes

Take a break & step back for a bit. What I also like to do is go into GarageBand & use the loops to make something short & fun for inspiration

5 Likes

thanks for the advice.I will probably take a break until the new update comes out

1 Like

Just play on ye old xbox

4 Likes

I’m happy as long as I’m doing something with music - making it, listening to it, talking about it, learning about it, thinking about it. If making it doesn’t work for some reason, I chose one of those other options :wink: problem solved :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

i don’t have xbox i have ps4 lol

1 Like

Yeah you are right ill take a break and listen to the mint. playlist on spotify so i get some inspiration :slight_smile:

T R I G E R E D ah, nice.

2 Likes

Sylent, dig into an abandoned tune or project. Surely you have a few you left behind. You may find a new passion or hear something you loved about it originally. For me, I just need beats, if I’m stifled and frustrated, I just go straight to Auxy or Caustic and start writing some drums. Before I know it I’m lost in the beat making something new. This is usually when I have hit a wall with my current project! It feels like I’m cheating on my wife, starting a new tune and leaving her behind!

2 Likes

Option 1 - Keep trying until your brain hurts
Option 2 - Play video games
Option 3 - Watch Andrew Huang

6 Likes

I love andrew huang dude :smiley:

3 Likes

Yeah i feel that tune i just left one behind and trashed a project xd.And yeah when i visit uncompleted projects i actually love them

1 Like

Go on musescore, find a random midi, copy it into auxy (may take some time) and then try to produce with that. Otherwise, try doing a new genre. Step out of your comfort zone.

1 Like

wait can you copy midi into auxy directly?!

No you have to recreate it ;/

Hopefully theres midi integration in another update
(hinthint @Auxy ^^^)

3 Likes

Sit in a corner and cry

6 Likes
  1. take a break
  2. sleep
  3. listen to non-electronic songs
  4. listen to other Auxy songs and how legendary they are
2 Likes

I hope so too.It would be amazing if auxy could read midi files

already doing that :frowning:

1 Like

well i don’t have any time for sleeping :frowning: i have a university exam coming in