What are your favorite experiences from a concert or live performance?

My girlfriend and I just saw Jai Wolf in Toronto this past Friday and it was awesome. I was excited to see Melvv who also was one of the opening acts. After the show, we got to my car and one of my windows were smashed. Her purse was taken but nothing else. Hopefully you guys had better experiences :joy:

5 Likes

I was inches away from Dan Smith of Bastille when they came to Nashville. It wa my first concert and I will never forget as he walked through the crowded lawn area after a damp dusk getting ready to sing “Two Evils” (not exactly my favorite from the Wild World album but still a great song) and I was totally geeking out.

2 Likes

For the sheer awesomeness of it, I’d have to say it was seeing the Daft Punk pyramid. :robot:

A close second was standing in the DJ box with LTJ Bukem, watching him DJ with one hand and roll a joint with the other. I’ll never forget that.

5 Likes

Only ever seen 2 actual concerts.

1. U2. Went to see that with my mom and dad for my dad’s birthday and mah god they know how to put on a show. It was also pretty funny to see like no one in the audience under 40 at that show, but everyone was going nuts anyway. First concert ever and an awesome experience overall.

2. Vista Kicks. Small band that someone in the company i worked at over the summer got in touch with so they came over one day on their way to a show and we had a small concert on one of the floors. Am now a fan and bought one of their albums.

4 Likes

I went to a concert of the prodigy

A few months later the singer committed suicide

3 Likes

I was at a music festival in the UK and Prodigy was playing. They performed ‘Breath’ and the crowd loved it. I was about 1/3 of the way back from the stage and every single person in front of me was jumping up and down with their hands in the air. Then, I turned around and realised everyone behind me was also bouncing. That live footage was used in their music video.

6 Likes

Going to see Kero Kero Bonito live in LA was awesome! Tanukichan opened up for the show and Frankie Cosmos ended it. I met Tanukichan after the concert and I got a pic too!

3 Likes

I’ve only seen Weird Al (was pretty awesome actually), Meatloaf (twice, weirdly, but was good), and Nine Inch Nails during a leg of the “With Teeth” tour.

You can guess which my favorite was, none had any crazy experiences lol…

5 Likes

Damn that sucks :confused:

Hey that’s sick! I haven’t seen them live but Chet Porter has played flamingo in atleast one of his sets

2 Likes

I was a huge Underworld fan in the 90s. Last year I traveled from the US to Belast to see them at biggest weekend. One of the best moments of my life. I befriended a couple who’d been big fans back in the day, too, and we jumped around and screamed like crazy. So much fun.

4 Likes

The Chainsmokers performed at Central Park (NY) the day after I visited.

IT WAS A FREE CONCERT :sob:

(not exactly a favorite experience haha)

4 Likes

Got to see Bassnectar live a few years ago. Definitely an interesting experience. It was an outdoor festival so I decided to stay further back at the edge of the crowd. Definitely the right decision - very loud, but definitely a fun experience. Gonna see Deadmau5 live later this year, so I’m really hyped to see the new Cube V3 setup.

1 Like

I actually haven’t gotten to see any really contemporary big-name acts, but I did get to see a Motown anniversary concert. It was in a little theater in Washington, D.C… and I will never forget the peach cobbler and ice cream the place had. So glad we were able to get a table.

1 Like