What are some neat auxy tricks?

Is there any cool auxy tricks that you know that you can tell me? I only know one

Define a “trick”

I don’t know how to explain it but lemme get an example:

Doing the delay like this and panning it like that gives an illusion of stereo wideness or something like that

5 Likes

@DJ_La_Rocca makes some tips & tricks videos on YT.

1 Like

It’s been a while since he uploaded

1 Like

I know. It’s the best for him.

I can do a kick flip

3 Likes

lol

no way

You can’t do it

If you want to do one of those cool Auxy snares that were popular a while back, it’s way easier now: Find the two samples you want to use, and move the offset back a bit on one of them. You used to have to make one of them into a precision note, which didn’t work as well

(Click here for an example of what I’m talking about)

oh no

oh dear god

CRASH is typing

I don’t know if you know this one, but there’s a trick that can be done with mainly hi-hats that involves having two copies but offsetting one slightly to have a more compact roll. In doing this you can theoretically get 1/48 notes or 1/64 notes.

https://app.auxy.co/projects/X5NqgvCwkX14X9B5_DG8TQ==

5 Likes

y’all got some neat tricks

1 Like

Use free move, it’s waaaaaayyyy better.

omg free move is so bad to me. I don’t even know what to do with it :joy:

2 Likes

Here’s what I did to your hi hats with free move
https://app.auxy.co/projects/ymfaMMDUnmm613qtnzHbJw==

1 Like

free move is great for getting a live piano feeling. offset the first and second note and it sounds like a real play

3 Likes

For snare rolls, you’ll have to place the BPM to 175 as a recommendation & use 1/32 & free move. Also needs left & right panning so it sounds amazing (might wanna do the same for the pitching)!

1 Like

True. If you use something from vintage keys like Transfer or Boulevard, place on the chorus at 64% & play around with the pitching like what LoFi chords should sound like, it would sound like real LoFi or so.

1 Like