We take time - bedlegs

https://soundcloud.com/bedlegz/we-take-time

New song is finally out. This is part of an ep, where I started using the vocal packs to try and make cheesy repetitive vocals. Let me know what you think!

3 Likes

Feedback?

1 Like

My only feedback is to mess around with the rhythm of the vocal chops and to use singal words here and there. Chop even short part of the words to see if you like how they sound.

Here’s a good example of vocal chops:

2 Likes

You can only cut the end off In auxy right, not the beginnings?

1 Like

I’m not sure, actually. That’s a good question and I wish I knew the answer. I never sampled anything.

1 Like

Yes - length only shortens the end (from the end of the sample)

Right off the bat love the electronic pop vibe. Reminds me of early 2000’s electronic music ( which were pretty good nostalgic years for me :slight_smile: ). I will totally agree with Plhector about the timing of some chops, they are a little wonky in some spots. They fit well though, like tonally and in the context of the track. I like that that production is a little more sparse, the mix has breathing room.

Really liking the drum sample selection fits well.

A good way of fixing timing issues is to nudge vocal samples by 32nd notes, usually you end up placing them not exactly where you’d expect to compensate for timing. It’s a LOT of trial and error. Vocals can be one of the hardest things to fit into a track especially when you’ve grabbed them from somewhere else.

But overall, really dig it! Love the vibe as a whole

2 Likes

Thanks so much! I love m83. My favorite is probably Chet porter who had a lot of inspiration from m83 as well as MGMT and electro pop groups like passion pit. There are a lot of other artists that inspire me too. The alternating hi hats I got inspired by seeing Slow Magic live in Boston. He brings his drum out into the crowd and plays it there. Although it wasn’t as drastic, playing the drum live, you’ll get a different sound with every hit. Thanks again :grin:

2 Likes