Various Breaks Kits

So, I spent a longer amount of time than I intended to cutting up some classic breaks and importing into Auxy. I thought it a shame not to share.

These samples are not cleared. Then again, the genres of hip hop and drum and bass are UNDERPINNED by questionable sampling, so, take that as you will. I’ve set this up with drum and bass oriented examples, but you could easily dial back the tempo and use them for just about anything I guess (especially funky drummer).

https://app.auxy.co/projects/3c4grZYb3S45RxHAsrwjTA==

The samples should come through the project link. We can’t save kits or export samples out of projects, so you’d need to pick which kits you want to use in a project and trash the rest. Anyway, enjoy!

24 Likes

Nice! Sort of Prodigy and Chemical Brother vibes

4 Likes

Thankyou so much this is what i needed

Also ur missing something
https://app.auxy.co/projects/hyMj7kP8bAaluVoWkPJV2Q==

4 Likes

Sick amen choppage!!!

2 Likes

You can also copy the kit into another project! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ATTABOY!

I literally programmed these while sneaking around things I’m supposed to be doing at work haha, was about a 15 minute job for all of em.

I also HIGHLY recommend having some of the samples (you choose, hats and snares work well) following pitch automation and using either steps or a straight line to up and down pitch, very classic drum and bass / jungle move.

2 Likes
*curtsy*

Thank ya sir. I know you have this well under control, but I figured for people who maybe don’t have the know how or tools? Cause for proper jungle / drum and bass you gotta have an Amen…

6 Likes

This will help me with my percussion game. I’ve always struggled so much with drums and figuring out what should go where etc. etc. so this is a godsend.

Although despite how they’ll sound with those questionable samples, I rarely ever stray from the hundred or so ones I use almost exclusively so i’ll probably just sub in some stuff xD

2 Likes

Seems like the appropriate place to leave this… :sunglasses:

35 Classic Jungle Drum & Bass Breaks - A to Z

COMPLETE A - Z LIST
  1. Action
  2. Amen
  3. Apche
  4. Assembly Line
  5. Both Eyes Open
  6. Cold Sweat
  7. Do the Do
  8. Don’t Change Your Love
  9. Flow
  10. It’s A New Day
  11. Kick Back
  12. Kool Is Back
  13. Let a woman be a woman
  14. Life Could
  15. New Orleans
  16. NT
  17. Ode to Billy Joe
  18. Plastic Jam
  19. Put Your Love
  20. Scorpio
  21. Sesame Street
  22. Shack U
  23. Sing A Simple Song
  24. Sneakin’ in the Back
  25. Sniper
  26. Soul Beat
  27. Soul Pride
  28. Sport
  29. Sweet Pea
  30. Mardi Gras
  31. Think
  32. Tighten Up
  33. Whole Thing
  34. Willie Pass the Water
  35. Worm
5 Likes

are the last three just a joke lmao

1 Like

Ahhhh so good

1 Like

Nope, Think is all over classic braindance / IDM / jungle stuff, Funky Drummer is definitely more a hip hop jam, I’ll give you that… and the Amen Hey one had this crazy “HEY” vocal sound in there I thought sounded interesting. Probably the most mileage can be gotten out of the Amen Classic and Think, I’d say.

I also had one with jingly sounds in it, but when I cut it up it really sounded like garbage so I left it out. I still have all the cuts I just wasn’t happy with it.

3 Likes

I hope the community understands the pure gold you just dropped. Excellent excellent excellent work, my dude.

7 Likes

Thanks good sir! Yeah they’ll complement the new pack pretty well I’d think.

3 Likes

Amen to that :grinning:

3 Likes

I’d be just as interested to see more stuff recreated as well… because honestly chopping up samples like this completely confuses me for the most part xD there’s one particular loop i’ve struggled with for the longest time to understand rhythmically… drums purely confuse me it seems xD

2 Likes

a m e n d e t e c t e d

7 Likes

Dw i wasnt roasting your drums I was on about the video blakkaz shared

2 Likes

Oh lol, yeah no all of those are pretty legit! I’ve definitely heard all of those in some form at some time I don’t doubt haha

2 Likes

@Tolberto I piggy backed off your reconstructed amen and put an example of the pitch stepping I’m talking about on snares and etc on the Think Break. Very old school jungle:

https://app.auxy.co/projects/eSMJLKi7QThhsNxNcmPx9g==

Don’t be scared to reverse some hits too :slight_smile:

3 Likes