Track of the Week... is coming. Mini brain dump here please!

The April Fool’s day competition is closed - congratulations to @cursed, a unicorn has been distributed and the Auxy Forum Unicorn Hall of Fame has been updated accordingly.

I’ve been thinking about unicorns and track of the week for some time now. There are some changes I’d like to implement, but I’m also open to feedback and would like to know your thoughts (after all, this is a community, not a dictatorship).

The unicorns are becoming a bit watered down. I don’t want to eliminate them, or start consolidating them, but I believe I’d like to reserve these for the major tournaments. If @DHO will have it, or perhaps others, or multiple people, I think it should be a twice a year thing. If everyone has a unicorn, there’s no value. So it needs to be reserved for very special, big events.

Regarding track of the week, I’m worried that there is going to be a problem of people having a ridiculous amount of discs next to their name. My initial thought was that we could use :cd: x (number), but it’s not quite as visually appealing. After thinking on it some more, this is what I’ve come up with:

Similar to how record sales work in various countries, x amount of ToTW’s earned will earn you different types of “certifications” - for every five :cd:'s, you get a :dvd:. For each five :dvd: you have earned :minidisc:. If someone has more than five :minidisc:, I’m going to have to start putting x 6, 7 etc. But that’s A LOT OF WINS.

I’d like opinions on this. I’d like for people to be more engaged and supportive of each other, and I don’t think it’s a silver bullet, but it’s a start maybe. Remember - you will get out of this what you put into it.

If everyone is mostly on board with these changes (you can’t please everyone!) I will retroactively convert multiple disc winners (I believe there is only one person eligible right now) to the next level and will likely continue to update the existing hall of fame.

Looking forward to your thoughts. Tentative start for first ToTW is May 1. Thanks!

18 Likes

sound fun bro ! i want that :dvd: in my name :3

3 Likes

Yeah that sounds like a good plan.

1 Like

At least you have one :pensive:

2 Likes

Sounds like a plan!

1 Like

sounds good to me homie

1 Like

Yes, please.

You better start this SOON!

1 Like

Pretty epic, ngl

2 Likes

Yes please this sounds awesome!

2 Likes

This sounds like a good idea to me!

1 Like

sounds like a great idea!

1 Like

I’ve been looking forward to more TotW. I’d love more discs. Although I am still extremely grateful that I’ve even managed one.

1 Like

u can have that one if u try your best bro ! :kissing_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

I hadn’t thought of that!

6 Likes

Lol

1 Like

I want any amount of cds next to my name. I’m gonna work extra hard for these, too.

5 Likes

Love the idea!.. just hope I can make a track good enough to hopefully win A disc one of these days haha

3 Likes

Yeah me too lol

1 Like

Same,

1 Like

Did someone say…

DUMP?

1 Like