Tips for making futurebass?

So I got auxy around december and so far i think i have the basics but i could use some tips/tricks. I mostly make futurebass but i want to try other genres too. I currently have one track that im proud of and have uploaded, although its probably not any good compared to other producers. So yeah basically any tips for making good futurebass tracks on auxy would be appreciated.

6 Likes

Sweet saw (tone up)
Sweet spring (tone up)
Sweet square (pitch up, tone up)
Nice layers

6 Likes

Yeah my main problem was layering the chords. I’ll try to use that now, thanks.

4 Likes

What I’d recommend doing is going on a listening spree to as much future bass music as you can find to really get a feel for the genre and the vast varieties of atmospheres it can encompass (I don’t recommend a lot of “Auxy future bass” as I don’t feel it embodies the general understanding of the genre). Auxy as a workstation at this point is advanced and capable enough to recreate most aspects of most tracks you’d hear so once you know what you’re going for, recreating the synthesizer presets and automation patterns should be fairly straightforward.

Broadly speaking, future bass utilizes electronically synthesized sounds combined with rhythmic drums and automated oscillation of low / high frequencies. In Auxy, this would mean utilizing almost any of the available presets combined with rapidly fluctuating lowpass / highpass automation and a possibly syncopated beat to anchor it all down.

Your ear will naturally be trained to recognize applicable patterns for a given genre the more you listen to it, so, make sure to take as much / more time to listen to other music as you do to make your own.

7 Likes

Saw, Journey, Racer, ans a boom bass of choice is a common but good layer

7 Likes

Yes. I love doing layers. I use hour as my lead a lot so I do Sweet Saw, Sweet spring, And Hour with lowpass. My bass is usually murmur, Bomb, or velvet.

3 Likes
  1. Wubs in moderation. Use where you think they’re needed most

2. Chords:

Sweet Saw (Tone max)
Sweet Knarr (Tone max)
Spray

Bass:
Pepper
Racer
Beam
Bomb (Tone max)

Lead:
Mascara (Tone and Shape max)
Mental
Glare (for simplistic plucky melodies)

1. Either use melody to conflict with wubs or use with wubs.

3 rules of fb :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thats a great idea, thanks

wow, this community is so nice and helpful, thanks guys :pray:t3:

2 Likes

reee my subscription ran out i cant make fb

1 Like