「 The Auxy Collective 」 - Community Sourced Promotion

So this is for promoting tracks, like the auxy reposts then? It’s not a label or something then right?
if so then kewl

This is a nice idea :stuck_out_tongue:

I get the idea, but I feel like this community already has like 100+ of these “labels” and collectives that some of which are for the exact same point as this. What’s different about this one?

2 Likes

This one is for promotion and not exclusive releases

1 Like

Sure, but someone already made an “Auxy reposts” account for this kind of thing. How are these going to gain traction if the amount of these labels and collectives are growing every day?

1 Like

Just saying; Which tracks should Auxy repost? (Don't recommend your own releases/collabs!)

Almost none of their reposted tracks are sourced by who you think. There’s even a forum topic dedicated to it already.

1 Like

This collective is unique in the fact that everyone inside the server can decide which track goes up on the SoundCloud, whereas in most servers there’s an exclusive group that listens to the submissions and reviews them.

1 Like

Sounds chaotic. Everyone on there is going to want to put up their own stuff! There’s going to have to be some form of moderation. There’s still going to be disclusion then.

4 Likes

Whos the exclusive group reviewing and listening to features

3 Likes

You mean in the regular collectives?

Yeah (whoops forgot to do the reply thing)

1 Like

Basically there’s a place where people can submit there songs, and then the group of people who started the collective have a nice little chat about it and maybe give feedback on the track. Then they decide whether or not it’ll be accepted by the collective, which depends on several factors (i.e. accordance to the genre that the collective is focusing on).

At least that’s how the collectives I’ve been in work. :upside_down_face:

The thing with the Auxy community is that anyone can listen to the tracks and place a vote on them, which I think is really neat.

Out of that entire thread, only two of the songs directly mentioned were actually reposted (One of Stereofield’s and another song)

And i don’t really think it’s about how the songs are being sourced. Lenberg himself said that people recommend songs from time to time, and people have mentioned recommending them to him as well. There’s nothing wrong with that either. It just means exactly what Arimyth said, that some people are contributing to the sourcing of songs that get found on occasion.

3 Likes

Nice idea! I run the Auxy Reposts page, if you would like to partner up, I would love to help out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There’s no “limitation” to the quality and variety of tracks they can find; they go and find almost all of it on their own. Their reposts aren’t remotely limited to what people send to them.

4 Likes

Never said that either. I’m sorry if I was a bit vague in my wording.

As a whole, I genuinely feel like this is a great way to strengthen the community. Having a better source that could help build up members of the community that have yet to be discovered could help improve their music. Having a sense that people actually appreciate your music beyond just listening to it is a very good feeling. It reminds me of the first time someone (just a random user even) reposted one of my songs. It was really nice, and I want others to be able to feel the same way. Doesn’t matter if they’re obscure or famous, if they produce well and are trying their hardest they deserve recognition in my eyes.

Sorry for any confusion, if you want to discuss it a bit more I’m all ears c: I just feel like this is a great thing that shouldn’t be discouraged.

2 Likes

You weren’t. (I wasn’t responding to you that time)

2 Likes

honestly there’s so many “auxy” collectives out there that are open to everyone and they’re almost all chaotic and unorganized… what’ll this one have that will prevent the unofficialness that auxy collectives generally have

4 Likes

Even if it’s a bit unorganized, it could be a great method to help us bond as a community.

Fwiw...

As far as I know, there’s only two really well-known repost accounts aside of the official Auxy SC for the Auxy community. Indir3ct’s Auxy Reposts and now this one. Any others have fallen off over time and aren’t active anymore.

As for other collectives, the only ones that have gotten off the ground have been Frontier, Melo and previously eXodusChambers which is now remodeled and no longer really about the Auxy community. Both Melo and Frontier don’t release Auxy exclusive music either, as they both have songs done outside of Auxy. They just happen to feature auxy artists.

As for the question of unofficialness, it doesn’t really matter if it’s unofficial or not in a way. Rather, that people are willing to contribute and help it grow is what will set this one apart hopefully, as the goal is to help strengthen the community. If it strays away from this, I probably won’t be supportive of it. But I have good faith that its goal is to help improve the community.

2 Likes

People just seem to have a growing hate for the actual Auxy account. It’s hard to find every little track, and if they mess up a few times, people think it’s corrupt. “Reposting select tracks from the auxy community”. That’s the bio. Not “Reposting every single good track from the community”. Their job is not to find every track that’s good that they can. The repost account is a minor side project. It isn’t corrupt, it’s selective to stuff they have time to listen to. People can create new repost accounts all they want, but if they condemn auxy for not posting some small tracks, (regardless of their quality), they’re not seeing the big picture. The devs are not a repost team, they’re an app developing team.

11 Likes