Taking a Different Direction

Hey, I am looking for advise from people who have experienced this, or may just have an opinion. I am using Ableton more and getting familiar with it. I am hoping to learn more about music overall, and as a result may be making more experimental tracks. I would like to share the tracks that I make eventually. I am thinking about creating a new account, and working with other artists. Do you think it would be best keep the tracks on my account, or create a new account? Thanks!

6 Likes

I use a mix of different software. In my opinion, what you use to produce doesn’t really matter. If you’ve been doing it long enough and found your “voice” so to speak, it doesn’t matter what tools you use. You will end up writing the same style across tool sets.

If you’re planning on writing vastly DIFFERENT music, a different style, then yeah, you may want to set up some kind of alternate project name. If not, then no- keep it all together. There’s nothing more damaging and confusing than a full on rebranding. This is just my two pence.

6 Likes

I do agree, but I don’t think I’d lose much because I only use SoundCloud and haven’t used any other social media at all. But I would like to start with that soon. I’d love to do some stuff locally with other people so that’s something I look forward to if it happens. So I’m also opened minded to working as a group under a different name as well.

2 Likes

i’d say the most important thing to do is go and interact with anyone, regardless of whether or not they’re a producer. you could build lasting relationships that will help you grow as an artist.

2 Likes

It really depends on the type of music you’d be creating. If you’re confident with your sound as is currently, and can reasonably continue that sort of style using a different means of production, then you should stick to the same account. However, if you’re really changing everything entirely, including the style of music, it may be worthwhile investing in a fresh start to differentiate it and not alienate your previous audience. Granted, the Auxy bubble is relatively small to begin with so take that with a grain of salt xD

1 Like

I was Lazarus Arize before. I started making music about 6 years ago and I had a 2 year period where I stopped posting because I was never happy with my music/ constantly getting better. When I finally wanted to start releasing music again I just decided to delete all old and start fresh. Because I was stuck on old projects. There’s something refreshing and new about restarting. Also if people care enough they will probably find your old stuff too

3 Likes

Yeah I agree with a lot of what you guys are saying. If I move to a new project I most likely will keep doing this as well.

1 Like

I’d say if you’re still planning on making auxy and your new experimental music do alternate accounts but if you’re planning on changing your style completely then I’d say keep the same account

1 Like