Stoelendans - Morte More [Techno]

As the techno hype in Belgium keeps on increasing, so did my love for it!

I decided to give a shot myself, after enjoying some Amelie Lens and Charlotte De Witte on Dour festival(which inspired me to do this).

https://soundcloud.com/morte_more/stoelendans

Please let me know what you think of it! All feedback is welcome :smile:

6 Likes

Anyone? …Is it that bad? :roll_eyes:

Hey, this is actually pretty cool. I’ve listened only a little bit to techno, but I love the sound on your track. The environment is great, and the bass works quite well. The only feedback I really have is to add more high end to your kicks, because they sometimes got lost in the bass. Great work so far, instant follow. Welcome to the community! I’m excited to see what you post next!

2 Likes

Not at all. I just don’t think we have many techno heads here…
I loved it. Definitely nailed the Lens/CDW sound.

2 Likes

It’s really unique, I usually don’t listen to this kind of stuff, but I think it’s well done!

1 Like

Yes i’ve been doing it wrong in most of my songs, i filter out the high frequencies because the hi hats got me distracted while making my songs. Someone also told me i should filter out the high frequencies in my bass a bit more. I haven’t mastered mixing yet, but i’m slowly learning :wink:

Thanks for the feedback!

3 Likes

Yup, I always did the same thing. I find that it comes down to how clean your kicks and hi hats are. Most of the time, you don’t really want a lot of reverb or noise around them, so shortening the length a little bit or low passing just a little bit helps. The mix is pretty good already, so I don’t think you have too much work to do. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks! What are the main genres here on the forum?

Future bass, trap and house are pretty popular genres I think

1 Like

Don’t forget synthwave

Don’t forgot about lofi

I actually want to try some synthwave like HOME but i dont know what bpm and keys or instruments to use, i thought about promenade but idk

Patel is really good too

It’s ok but repetitive, it’s not bad though.