Sound names have changed

It appears a bunch of sounds had their names changed for some reason.

Fat Bassterd is now Fat Basset
Lynch is now Mr. Lynch
Slag is now Metal Slag (i think? it might have been metal slag from the start)

Any other changes you noticed?

10 Likes

Seems like the sound names here were changed to clarify meaning or to make it more kid friendly (since the app is rated 4+).

13 Likes

Block from Martland Guitars changed to Blockade. Maybe there is more, I will look in to it.

Also, Metal Slag was originally named Slag.

1 Like

It has been “slag” since the pack was first released

i also realized that some names of sounds in the newer sound packs are getting goofier like Hubba and Duh. I kind of want the names to be like real words (coffee, tumble, dynamite, etc.)

7 Likes

That would be nice. In my custom soundpack I already used dynamite oof.

2 Likes

I get the first 2 but was the slag change really nessasary

2 Likes

I think it just fits the theme of making the names more kid-friendly. While the intention of naming it “slag” was good, the word also carries some other negative connotations.

4 Likes

I looked up the definition, it could definitely be taken out of context

3 Likes

Wow I looked up the meaning and, not good… not good Auxy. Pure nsfw

2 Likes

the devs boutta start running all the potential sound names through urban dictionary just to check

5 Likes

good. they have a global audience & while some words like “slag” are not used in a derogatory fashion here in the US, in England they may not see that word as a reference to metal. Also the word “lynch” here in the US doesn’t immediately point to a last name and when I first saw that name on Auxy my first reaction was to avoid using that sound & it made using Auxy that day less fun until it was clarified here on the forum they were referring to a man’s last name.

4 Likes

So when are we getting OOF.

12 Likes

When we make the most legendary sound ever.

9 Likes

Which is?

DM Me a little spoiler!

For the next soundpack, I would like it if you follow one of the requests at
https://disco.auxy.co/t/what-kind-of-sound-packs-would-you-like-to-see-in-the-future/87/761

Also, I noticed some other non kid-friendly stuff.

One Vocal Shout is called “Oh Shi”, which made we think it was the s word. This is clearly nsfw.
Also, there is a riser called: “Sh**s about to get awkward” Which is also nsfw, but the riser sounds good.

Also, I just tagged out the bad word on the second one. In the actual Auxy, it isn’t tagged out.

Metal Slag sounds like a reference to the arcade game Metal Slug

1 Like

It isn’t.

I just said it sounds like it. I never said it actually was

1 Like

Oh.

1 Like