Songwriting Process?

what’s your song writing process? for me I typically start with the drop/chorus rather than the intro and then build from there. (i don’t know if that’s weird or normal haha)

…then i procrastinate for a very long time :joy:

4 Likes

I record myself playing live.
Basically just loop everything and jam over the top.

3 Likes

A lot of my tracks are different. I think drum and percussion might be the most I start with. Sometimes my progress just stops and I get stuck. I’ll bring loops over from other tracks and see how they work together. Also I’ve been making my tracks long, sometimes i think too long. I have one more I’m about done with that is close to 5 minutes. I do it by just creating different parts. I’ll try and mess around a lot like it’s a new song, but keeping same elements and feelings, and then mix them together.

2 Likes

I just get some inspiration and put random notes down

0 Likes

First I start with the melody/chords for the drop

1 Like

I mess around with the settings on synths to get a new sound out. Then I write whatever the new sound leads me to.

0 Likes

Or sometimes I want to write a certain track in a certain genre so I start with a short melody and work from there.

0 Likes

Wtf I was thinking about this today and yesterday and was going to make a post about it!

I typically build a track as if it were a painting. From start to end but sometimes I’ll start with the main part and then build on the left and right (intro and outro and other structures in between)

2 Likes

I basically just start with the intro and then build from there. I love doing the lead ups.

1 Like

Usually starts with a sample, hook, maybe a vocal. Sometimes I’ll just mess around in Aum or ApeMatrix and use that as a starting point. Then built out from there.

3 Likes

Yes!

0 Likes

Almost always start with chords or an arpeggio

4 Likes