Should I change my name? [Foxlike]

I have been considering changing my name for a while now, as I feel that “Foxlike” sounds a bit bland and unmemorable, in addition to confusion with other producers (such as Fokkses).
An idea I had was VulpYne, vulpine meaning foxlike. The V and Y would be capitals as they form a fox head shape, which I could use as my logo. What are your opinions? Should I change to VulpYne or keep my current name?
I would greatly apprechiate feedback, and other comments and tips…

2 Likes

I prefer Foxlike to Vulpine (any variant) as it’s not a word structure you often see in artist names.
It’s a little odd/unusual, but that’s why I think it’s better than Vulpine/Vulpyne.

Vulpyne just sounds like it’s trying to be cool.

…imo

6 Likes

Foxlike > Vulpine > VulpYne

5 Likes

Do you have any suggestions then to make Foxlike a bit more interesting? Idk, it seems a little basic to me…

1 Like

F 0 X L 1 K 3

Ok no that was a joke

I do think that it’s pretty memorable, the only thing I could think of is stylizing the l as a / to give it some slant. That might be interesting, but also could be too distracting.

3 Likes

I might change it to all caps…:
FOXLIKE
Maybe add something:
FOXLIK3/F0XL|KE etc.

:b:️•><|!|<3

f0xlik3

Idk, I really really really like the name Foxlike

3 Likes

Then again, like everyone says, numbers as letters are kind of cheesy and over used. Sorry @INDIR3CT

3 Likes

F Ø X Ł Ï K Ė

Perhaps not…

2 Likes

I like Foxlike and Vulpine as well, but VulpYne looks bad. It looks the “words” Vulp and Yne together in camel case.

1 Like

I think Foxlike is a great name. I feel like name changes are usually brought about by overthinking things. I’d say just stick with it and go with the flow.

4 Likes

Why is everyone changing there names

3 Likes

Don’t change it to something completely different, I like Foxlike. However if you’re looking to change it up, you have a few options. If we ignore the changing a letter into a number approach, you could play with phonetic pronunciation. I personally like how Foxlike sounds, but I think Foxlyke looks more unique. Pronounced the same way. Consider playing around with that.

Side note, that’s kinda how I got the name Eswyn. Long story short, played around with changing letters in the words ‘as one’. You can dig up my full explanation in the ‘where’d you get your name’ thread somewhere.

1 Like

I quite like that.

Be aware though, apparently using those kind of characters is somewhat associated with artists producing in the Witch House genre, iirc.

1 Like

Cuz my original post got like 75 comments.

1 Like

I don’t get why everyone’s asking to change their names suddenly. I mean sure if you don’t like it you can change it, but that’s still a long process and can cost quite a bit of money for a lawyer, court order etc.

2 Likes

Change your second word. Keep the Fox but add a second word like “Craft” or “bound” or even “Paw”.

Even Foxhole sounds cool to me.

Or Foxygen.

Foxtail.

FoxCore.

Keep the Fox

6 Likes

Maybe Stevenson

4 Likes

My current viewpoint is to alter the name slightly- maybe to Foxlyke (thanks @Eswyn :slightly_smiling_face:) or change it to all caps or both. I just dislike the way “Foxlike” looks. It looks like an adjective, not a name…idk.
Thanks for all your support and ideas!:grin:

3 Likes