RIP xxxtentacion

I’m not one to be involved in the death of celebrities, and usually just let them fade away like they normally do. But for another king of Hip-Hop to be taken like this is not something I can ignore. Especially with the amount of people spreading negativity about him online.
I’ve seen a lot of people already disrespecting X for his sketchy past, but no matter what you say: 20 is not an age to die. My 19 year old sister died in a car crash a few months ago. 20 is not an okay age to die, no matter who you are. For people to wish death upon him is inhuman and simply wrong.
For people to say he was a bad influence, that his music was bad? His last album debuted at #1 on the billboard. He helped transform SoundCloud with his original music. He was an inspiration and an icon: he helped millions with depression and sadness, he literally posted about hosting a charity this weekend, two hours before he was taken.
For the people who say “stop acting like you knew him,” no one is acting like they knew him unless they did - other famous people close to him are sharing the inspirational words and messages he provided to all. Those that didn’t know him aren’t acting like they did, they are trying to show support. This man was only three years older than me, and I know many others on this app are near the same age.
Even those that weren’t fans of his music should respect the fact that he was robbed and killed. Am I saying you need to immediately become a fan of his music? No. I’m saying, show respect, ignore the negativity that will soon emerge.
While some negativity might arise concerning X, the love, respect, and support for him, his family, and his fans will completely shadow over that negativity. That’s all, have a good day.

15 Likes

I wasn’t entirely a fan of X, but I respect the effort he puts into his music. Shouldn’t have deserved to pass away at such a young age. Rest in peace

9 Likes

Damn, that sucks. He definitely didn’t deserve to die. Didn’t listen to his music but from what I heard, he was a good dude and he made good music.

R.I.P

2 Likes

At first I was skeptical of this guy and his music. But from doing a bit of research and listening to his stuff, I feel that he has done quite a lot for a good amount of people. So I too, mourn his passing. A creator, doing what he loved the most.

3 Likes

He worked hard to get to where he was, without hurting people.
And someone who wants to take the easy route kills him.

Rest peacefully, X. You’ve changed so many peoples lives and were changing your own as well.

2 Likes

What’s up with all of these people dying:(

2 Likes

Ehhh that one’s debateable

3 Likes

He wasn’t hurting anyone on his come up. You can argue his past but he changed heavily.

3 Likes

RIP X, heard a few of his songs, he was really putting a lot of work into them hard to see him go at such a young age

1 Like

rip

1 Like

Rip X, he had a lot of really good songs :frowning_face:

1 Like

Rip x. Some people are saying he’s alive because there are no face tats in the video.

1 Like

I agree with @Polar, the violence X was involved in didn’t help his career, if anything it hurt it

And @Aviomusic, I saw, but the video itself was also poor quality/angles, + X would have had to have a police department in on the faking. It’s probably fake -and if it was, people’ll be PISSED to find out

1 Like

I heard those claims too but I also heard his face tats were on the other side of his face and couldn’t be seen from that angle

2 Likes