Random Collab Challenge - (Jax)

Hello Auxians!
One of the best ways to get better at your craft is to learn from others, and being a music producer, one of the best ways you can do that is by collaborating with another artist!

The Challenge

I have done one of these challenges in the past and I was very happy with the results, it was great to see people who specialize in different genres work together to create some epic music. If you are unfamiliar with what the challenge is, it is a challenge where I will randomly assign participants partners to create a song with. It will be mostly random assignments but I will try to balance it out so we don’t have a one sided competition.

The Rules

There aren’t any rules on what you should make the song about, however I do have a few rules on how I would like the challenge to be conducted:

1. You must sign up if you want to participate, sign ups are down below.

2. Don’t complain about who your partner is or isn’t, the teams will be random so there’s a good chance you won’t get assigned to the artist “you wanted to get.” Take this as an opportunity to branch out and do something you may not have thought about doing before, and learn from the other person you are assigned with.

3. Complete the project. If you sign up then you are saying you will complete the challenge. I know a lot of people will collab and then just lose motivation but the point of this challenge is to work through it. Not doing the project will just be harming your partner. However if you two both lose motivation, and if you both agree to drop out, you are welcome to. If your partner won’t work on the project, dm me and if someone else has a similar situation happen, I will pair you two up and you can start a new project.

4. Be nice, this challenge is just for fun.

The Prize

This challenge is just for fun and I obviously can’t award unicorns so the prize won’t be that big. I will repost the top song (or top three if we get enough submissions) and with the songs I personally enjoy I will make sure to follow the creators if I don’t already. The winner will be decided with a vote at the end of the competition. The date for that will be determined after the signups close.

Sign-Ups

Make sure you read the rules before signing up, thanks!

I can’t make a poll for some reason so for now just reply to this topic that you want to participate and also make sure to specify if you have the subscription or not so I can match you up with someone who has what you have.

One week week from now (on April 28th) we will begin the competition.

Good Luck and happy music making!

Edit:
The signups are now closed and the challenge is under way, please see my post below for more information. Voting starts June first.

9 Likes

I’d love to participate, its a really great idea

5 Likes

I’m in. Also, last time this happened didn’t you have everyone state if they had a subscription and if they were willing to collab with people who didn’t have a subscription.

4 Likes

Oh shoot you’re right, I completely forgot about that, one sec,

4 Likes

Just edited it, thank you for pointing that out

5 Likes

Also I have the subscription

4 Likes

I have a subscription and am willing to work with people who only have the demo sounds

5 Likes

can i join ?

4 Likes

Sure why not

4 Likes

Also I would really prefer to work with someone who has the subscription, but it’s okay if I get someone who doesn’t have it.

5 Likes

Yep! Anyone can join!

5 Likes

count me in

5 Likes

so…when do we start ?

3 Likes

One week from now, that way we give everyone a chance to join if they want

5 Likes

Im in!

6 Likes

i’d be down this sounds fun!