On a mission to change music
It’s been 4 years since @Fredrik and I started Auxy. Our goal was to bring serious music production to mobile and empower a new generation of creators. We set out to build a different type of music app—simple yet powerful—that makes it easy to explore and realize your creative potential.
How far have we come?
I think the best way to judge our progress is to listen to tracks made by the community. We’ve been repeatedly amazed by how your music gets better with every app release. Quite frankly, we haven’t heard any tracks made in other mobile apps that come anywhere close to what you guys are releasing. By making such great music, you make us confident that we can push the bar even further, and give us the energy to keep pushing.
Who will make the first big hit on mobile?
We think that mobile music is at an inflection point, so we wanted to take a step back and reflect on how we can take things to the next level. With the number of quality tracks we see today, we’re confident that it’s a matter of time before we start hearing big hits produced on mobile. Our goal is to make Auxy the platform where the first big mobile hit gets made. Most people don’t understand the impact of this shift yet, but we hope that you are as excited as we are about taking the lead and shaping the future of music.
What should we invest in?
In order to take things things to the next level, we think it is important to invest in the following areas:
- Drastically expand the sound library with world class content that covers many different styles
- Add ways to import personal sounds and create limitless possibilities for making unique sounding tracks
- Add new effects and more controls for shaping sounds
- Rework how to build and arrange songs
- Add new ways to create melodies and rhythms
- Improve the workflow so that the app feels lighter, even as we’re adding more features
- Make it easier to share and collaborate on projects
- Make it possible to capture voice and release fully featured tracks
How can we move faster?
We’re only two people working on Auxy, and this prevents us from building a lot of the things that we’d love to add. We want to move faster and aim a lot higher. In order to do so, we need to find a way to make more money so that we can reinvest in developing Auxy further.
We’re working on a big release that will bring some fundamental changes to our current model and address some of the things listed above. We’re excited to tell you more about the new version in the coming weeks and get your feedback on our plans for the future.
Thanks for your support and high five for the future!