Potential Auxy Tutorial/Technique series - Poll

Hey everyone. I’ve been wanting to start doing some simple videos talking about my Auxy techniques and stuff for a while. I have some ideas with what I want to do, but I want your opinion on what you’d like to see first. I’ll (hopefully) end up hitting all of these points eventually. I have a few ideas that I didn’t put on this poll, but if you have anything you’d like to see that isn’t listed, please let me know. The poll is just to decide what I’m going to do first, so I’m sticking with the basics. Thanks everyone! Also if you have any ideas for a series name let me know!

• Melodies
  • Chords
  • Drums
  • Sound Layering
  • Arpeggios
  • Getting the Most out of Automation

0 voters

1 Like

If you want to hit the more basic ideas of music production first, I would release on the lines of
Chords
Melodies
Sound Layering
Drums
Getting the Most out of automation
Arpeggios

That way your viewers will know the very basics first and then can step up to the topics where you need to know about those basics! Just a suggestion.

Yeah I was actually thinking about that.
I’m considering possibly working on a song from scratch, and each episode I add more. However it’d also be nice to hear different songs every episode and not the same thing over and over.

3 Likes

Ooh that might be a good idea. At the end, you’ll have a final product where you used every component and turned each of them into a tutorial.

Personally, id prefer seeing something with drums or automation b/c it’s something a bit more unique to Auxy.

I could find a million tutorials on YouTube already about chords, melodies, basses, etc. But I doubt I’d find many, if at all, tutorials about Auxy automation.

1 Like

Peggies!

fAr CrY 5

2 Likes

Do all of them! Sad I could only choose one

1 Like

I think sound layering is the thing most people get wrong.
That’d be a great place to start.

3 Likes

My plan is to do all of them (and more), I just wanted to see what people were interested in.

1 Like

Did this happen or is it going to happen?

2 Likes

Woah. Uh… I’ll be honest - I completely forgot. Seems like a handful of people were interested though, so I’ll see what I can do. I might start working on something. I’ve also improved a lot since then, so I could definitely do a lot better now than before. Thanks for reminding me!

3 Likes

I second this, layer sounds please, stack them up, tower them, whatever you wanna call it but layering sounds is quite important. It creates such a great perspective of sound instead of ONE plain old. “Boop.”

4 Likes

It’s also the quickest way to phasing issues or a muddy mix if you don’t know what you’re doing.

4 Likes

Definitely that too, automate the volume to balance the sounds as one. Don’t overlap.

3 Likes