Post your great Auxy feature idea here!

more variation of randomisation for when we build a project

Interesting. I almost always have a rough tempo in mind when starting a new project, so the first thing I do is set the tempo (and set the scale to Chromatic* :sigh: ).

I never use the defaults as a starting point for a new project.

* I’m hoping that the next update will allow for Chromatic to be set as a default.

I don’t use the random setting as default I always change it to my preferred style I’m just saying did it to be more random

This has probably been mentioned before but a way to merge loops would be nice. I’m finding myself doing this a lot when I have two different ideas that should be condensed into one part but can’t be withou manually going in and doing it, which is error-prone and frustrating. It could be as simple as dragging a loop over another and a prompt to merge appears or a new loop is made that is the merger.

Just occurred to me how useful it would be to be able to…

‘Record’ automation by manipulating the dial controls while it’s playing.
Just need a ‘Rec’ button on the instrument’s dials modal…

Users could still use the current method, or simply use it to edit something they’ve recorded as an automation performance loop.

Absolutely! Best of both worlds really. That’s one thing i think people miss a bit about the transitions, that you could just kind of jam around to dial it in.

+1 yes please. Even if it quantizes that’s fine. And then of course modifiable by cracking into automation loop

Yep quantizing the recorded automation would absolutely be fine.

Some thoughts:

1. Unused note and automation boxes could be shaded grey. Currently I clean up by playing the whole track to see which are used and repeat this for each instrument, which is slow.

2. Adding a series of notes in sequence could be easier; especially the small 1/32 notes.

3. Moving instruments up and down, step by step is cumbersome and doesn’t make full use of the touchscreen. At one stage you could drag instruments into different orders, which was nicer.

4. Would be neat if automation lines could be quickly drawn as a single curving line (one swipe) and the nodes automatically detected for each line crossed. This would allow partial adjustments with partial swipes across any section(s) of the automation area. Would also help with smoother curves.

5. On automation screens, the top and bottom should always show the default setting (from before and after), instead of being replaced when a nodes there.

6. The project list should show the name of the creator, so tracks by other people can be easily identified.

7. When playing a track, a REWIND and FAST FORWARD button could appear on each side of the stop button, to allow us to jump forwards or back a pattern.

8. The export process could include a check-box, for posting the soundcloud link in the Disco #tracks forum using the correct thread name. This would require the user to enter their forum credentials in the settings, as done for Soundcloud.

A good example of drawing the automation curves freely and then having them snap into place can be found in an app called Chordflow, @lenberg.

I agree with most of your list, but I think this one could easily become a problem.

While the forum is still taking shape (it might not even use Discord in the future), it’s best not to code the app to be reliant on particular forum code/ways. A change to the forum posting guidelines or structure could potentially break a feature in the app, making an update to the app necessary.

I would recommend avoiding tying the app code to the forum code in any way, at least, while the community forum is still considered an informal afterthought.

Yeah, fair point. Although I guess the same is true for Soundcloud. If Soundcloud changes the way they work, it could possibly affect the Auxy apps ability to upload and require an Auxy update.

…and that is why SoundCloud is unlikely to ever make their code dependent on that of a smaller, less important entity (Auxy).
(Same way that the forum is a smaller, less stable and less important entity compared to Auxy app.)

Auxy will update to follow SC’s changes, because SC is the more mature/stable product with a more significant commitment to approaches, and with a significantly larger user base - and Auxy ‘needs’ SC more than SC needs Auxy - and because that’s how the world works :wink:

That being said, it’s why APIs exist; to enable applications to work together and to mitigate the impact of changes between applications. It’s simpler and more efficient - and therefore cheaper - to update an API than change applications.

Still, I can’t see the team putting time and effort into creating the code necessary to push tracks to this forum. (And I’d agree with that decision.)

I hit the ‘enable notifications’ button a couple months ago, yet I still never get notifications from the feed.

It says in Settings that notifications are enabled…

I agree the discord should have notifications but due to it being on safari I don’t thibk it can really support that. That’s why it being an app would be much nicer and neater! :slight_smile:

Here’s the link to the official Discourse app…

And, what’s stopping you using Chrome to view the Auxy forum?

(It isn’t ‘on Safari’, per se. It’s a web-based forum. Use whatever browser you want.)

[Edited to correct app/link]

I mean the Auxy app notifications… :thinking:

I think it should be easier to move loops without having to go into moving mode, when you can just kind of flick it and drag it, I think it should be easier to do that, especially for the synthesizers.

You can already do that

nonono, I know u can already do it, but i want it to be a bit easier :smile:

This is great type of feedback! Some comments below:

Unused note and automation boxes could be shaded grey. Currently I clean up by playing the whole track to see which are used and repeat this for each instrument, which is slow.

Yes, we have some ideas for improving loop previews and making it easy to clean out loops you don’t use.

Adding a series of notes in sequence could be easier; especially the small 1/32 notes.

There was a “drag to make notes” in the Classic iPad app, but then we used two finger swipe to scroll, which is now done with one finger, so then it’s not possible to drag out notes anymore.

Moving instruments up and down, step by step is cumbersome and doesn’t make full use of the touchscreen. At one stage you could drag instruments into different orders, which was nicer.

Has always been like this and requires quite a lot of work to be changed so not a high priority.

Would be neat if automation lines could be quickly drawn as a single curving line (one swipe) and the nodes automatically detected for each line crossed. This would allow partial adjustments with partial swipes across any section(s) of the automation area. Would also help with smoother curves.

Yes this would be nice. As well as automation recording. And smoother curves. Might come in the future.

On automation screens, the top and bottom should always show the default setting (from before and after), instead of being replaced when a nodes there.

Agree!

The project list should show the name of the creator, so tracks by other people can be easily identified.

Agree! Although the problem is that now we’re using iCloud for the projects, and this currently won’t allow us to display any additional information beside the file names (for lots of technical reasons).

When playing a track, a REWIND and FAST FORWARD button could appear on each side of the stop button, to allow us to jump forwards or back a pattern.

We have some related ideas for improvements that we’re hoping to add.

The export process could include a check-box, for posting the soundcloud link in the Disco #tracks forum using the correct thread name. This would require the user to enter their forum credentials in the settings, as done for Soundcloud.

This is technically possible but nothing we want to invest in at the moment.

In general, the hard part is not to come up with ideas for additions or improvements, but it’s to prioritize things in a way that balances value vs. investment and push the app forward.