Post your great Auxy feature idea here!

I can only speak for myself, but I find it a very productive environment.

An artist by the name of Echo Opera is making some fantastic ambient using only KEW.

Y’all should try it out yourselves. It’s a lot of fun and I think the synth engine is probably one of the most versatile on iOS, while remaining simple and straightforward. It’s definitely an environment where you feel you can do no wrong, just throw patterns together and jam out. It has a linear song mode, but I never use it because it’s so easy to basically dj your song together while recording into something else (AudioShare for me). It’s a secret weapon for sure in my book.

Cool! Will check it out. I’m a bit sceptic because of the previous Electribe products, but this seems different for sure.

I was thinking about a melodic sampler last night again, the biggest difficulty would be mapping the note correctly across the keys/scale, but I have an idea- the way it worked in FLStudio was that you could load a sample into the sampler and then pick the root note. So using some kind of dial, or whatever, to indicate to Auxy what the root note is would make sure that whatever note is placed is what’s actually played. So of course, the onus is on me to know what note I’ve imported, but let’s just say it was a B and you placed a C, obviously it’s still a B. But one semitone higher is a C. So indicating to Auxy “Hey, the ROOT note is a B” should make it easy enough to have Auxy transpose the sample as needed.

Can’t think of any other way around this except 1) not having a melodic sampler or 2) implementing some kind of pitch detection/stretch methodology.

Okay, emptying this out of my head now.

Just my two cents on this…

Music production doesn’t always need to be productive to some degree. I think a lot of the learning and enjoyment can come from simply experimenting even if it never gets used or it ends up sounding terrible. Auxy is so streamlined that it cuts out this part, and that’s a good thing. However, I do feel that sometimes some nuance is lost when you don’t have the opportunity to learn lessons from bad choices, rather than having something else take care of your mistakes automatically. I think Auxy’s productivity changed drastically with the introduction of the sampling mechanic for the drum kits, in both positive and negative ways that contributed to this “anti-productivity”. And that’s a good thing.

I don’t think features such as these should be considered under the same umbrella that currently dictates Auxy’s feature list, as they certainly weren’t when Auxy 5 was released, and that’s a good thing. Stepping back from trying to solve every single problem a user can encounter (by bad choices of course, not talking about bugs) helps them grow, as long as it won’t lead them to become frustrated.

From what I can gather from the way Auxy handles its sampling instruments, it already does this to some degree. What you’re discussing here would be how the end user interacts with the underlying system, addressing the crux of the problem. Personally, I would really want to see a pitch detection implemented into the drum kits to begin with, as it would solve a lot of headache trying to key samples in. Many programs have systems to detect pitch, even Audacity which is free. It would certainly be a welcome addition.

I think the main issue with melodic sampling is due to how iCloud is accessed, and the speed of which it can be accessed was limiting the ability for melodic instruments to make use of samples being stored in it for melodic instruments. At least, that’s the impression I received.

Other than the ability to make a simple sound a crazy growl, I’d love a way to change the key PER section. I was only able to do this by exporting two separate audio files into GarageBand and cropping what I did not want.

Something where you can change the time signature of your song. So instead of 1 2 3 4 you could have 1 2 3 4 5, and so on.

But don’t forget, stuff in iCloud that’s synced to your device is now local. Any changes are synced back, but it’s not like anything is ever playing from the cloud

Is that so? Well, I guess I got a different impression than the reality of the situation then! Who knew?

Either way, it was something along those lines according to the devs, so I’m just reiterating what I thought I saw about a year ago.

Yup check it out, just for example - the two without the cloud download icon are local to my phone. They could also be local on any other device I DL them on. However, any item that’s deleted here (regardless of being local or still in the cloud) will be removed from all devices.

I think making it work with one imported sample is fairly trivial, although the problem then is that you don’t get very far stretching just one sample. Perhaps enough for certain type of usage, but if you want to support multi-sampled instruments you would need to look at importing several samples for one instrument, and this seems tricky on mobile.

In theory, although in practice iCloud is a mess.

If you want to modulate between keys, then you should just turn loops chromatic and transpose the notes accordingly. Changing keys is not the same as transposing within key.

Being able to transpose the key by scene would be useful for pitching the kick/snare/any sample that tunes to key because other than making room for a second sample that would be pitched to the new key, they will no longer be in key. And, just my personal opinion, having tons of (otherwise identical) chromatic scenes in different keys just gets messy.

Yes of course but sometimes when I use vocal samples it practically ruins the song since I can’t change the key.

@lenberg, as he stated.

I’d be fine for one-sample melodic imports, as that is the standard usage case. As for supporting multiple samples, you could always use some sort of external concatenation (or even internal concatenation) in a menu of sorts that puts it on the parts. Loading up the samples in a similar way to the drum kits, it would map out the regions in an appropriate manner, making use of the amount of samples and their pitches. Of course this isn’t trivial, but it’s possibly the most intuitive user-friendly method, which is certainly a goal for Auxy.

Un necessary and not really useful but I’d like to have a strobe setting where the background pulses to a kick or whatever setting u add.

Please add a reverse sound feature simple but allows for practicly double the amount of sounds Auxy provides