Post your great Auxy feature idea here!

I agree. I fully agree.

+ @Arimyth

Thirded.

One of the most disappointing and disconcerting aspects of it is that lessons apparently aren’t being learned from previous comms fails.

It’s not rocket surgery.

Hey @lenberg My wishlist for the next update from Auxy

1.Tweak Setting Panel having 2 page (Shape, Enhance)
-: Swiping Left and Right brings Shape and Enhance panel as shown in the images

where

• Shape is the existing Tweak panel
  • Enhance panel having some most important FX and more Micro Controllers
  1. Every individual effect should have more control over the sound i.e. Tapping on Reverb’s little setting icon brings Decay, Size etc just like Current Delay effect and so on
  2. When we scroll down inside the project the title bar (where Project Title , Setting Icon lies) goes away , so I want it to be stayed .

4. After having some FX in the Enhance Panel , we also need automation for that (see in the image above)

5. 1/64 bar in Piano Roll

6. 1/4 bar in the Scene

Also my Top Most Dream feature I expect from Auxy is Sampling … Yeah

7. Sound Sampling just like DirectWave in FL Studio, Just import your own sound sample and play it like a melody in the piano roll.

I hope these are some key features that everyone would love to see in the next Auxy Update

That’s a really good UI solution.
Default is 1, but full -/+ range is…

1/4, 1/2, 3/4, 1, 2, 4, 8, 16(?)

It would still be great to have even more granular control, for example, being able to directly set the length of a pattern measure by specifying how many of the 12/16/24/32/48/64 steps a bar uses.

(I’ve at least one WIP track that makes use of measures shortened by a half beat.)

A row at the top of the pattern edit screen, showing all the steps. Default is all, but you can tap on any step in the pattern/loop to specify a shortened measure.

Yeah

UI is awesome

SUPER COOLLLLLLL!!! how did u make that tho

@lenberg
https://audiokitpro.com/synth/
It’s a free and open-source synthesizer.
Could be useful for further sound-shaping like ADSR.

Don’t know if this has been covered or brought up in this topic yet… (If it has I can take this down)

What about student discounts? A huge majority of the Auxy artists out there are also students. I know Spotify and Itunes have student plans, why not Auxy :smiley:

As far as I’m aware, and no I’m not talking about stuff I don’t know here…

Lenberg has stated the specifications of the in-app synthesizer. Its very powerful, and works very similar to Serum but with additional features such as sample-based playing, as seen with the diverse selection of non-electronic sounds currently available. Currently, most instruments have some sort of ADSR control in the form of the shape macro, sometimes affecting other aspects of the sound as well, but not all had shape-able capabilities. Previously, there were only 6 macros available to set, but when Auxy 4 was introduced that was bumped up to 9 for every instrument.

This is most likely conjecture, but the only thing it would take to implement full ADSR controls is adding additional macros that only control one of the ADSR values. However, this could interfere with the shape macro on some instruments. “So just take out the useless shape macro and give us full ADSR!” you might say, but the problem lies in backwards compatibility. It would theoretically actually break every single project that has an instrument that utilizes the shape to control its envelope in some way.

A workaround would be to have the new macros in a separate menu, that, when tweaked, would override the functions of the shape macro, but that might not be possible or easy to do.

By its limited and easy-to-use design, Auxy essentially blocked off its own forward progress in terms of full sound shaping capabilities, running the risk of affecting old projects. And we all know how well that went last time something affected old projects, which was not very well.

It would be a lengthy undertaking to implement it, which is most likely why they say it’s not a priority in investing time into. But hey, I’m talking about things I dont know about, and making overly complicated answers. So take what I say with a grain of salt.

It should be possible to invisibly transition legacy projects to the new system on first open of each project and/or update all on-app projects as a single batch, as part of first open of a future app update). A ‘simple’ suite of internal checks should be able to identify if a project is using legacy ‘shape’ control and, if so, port that value over to the relevant new ADSR control.
(Either way, the app would need to check each project on first open to account for projects that may have been temporarily archived off-device.)

A similar principle could/should have been used for porting legacy pre-V5 drums to the new model.

I’ve been a long-standing requester for directly controllable ADSR.
Very recently, I worked with an Auxy library sound that would have been perfect if I’d been able lengthen the decay.
It’s those moments which are particularly frustrating, when the core timbre of an Auxy sound works well, but the envelope isn’t what I want for a given use.

It’s very likely something similar was done when updating from 3 to 4, as some macros were split, most notably Gossip and Slope had functionality divided across two separate macros. However, that would take extra work, and considering

• Not all sounds utilize Shape only to impact the ADSR, most notably sounds like Slope and most of the Disturbing Leads
  • It would still be a lot of work for something that would add complexity to the app, which the developers don’t wish to do despite saying the app is no longer for beginners, even though these limitations are designed for beginners.

As of recently, I would say that if we were to have fully controllable ADSR, we would effectively triple the amount of sound the app could produce. Not to mention people would be able to get the plucks they want.

I think something along these lines have already been covered and the short answer is no.

Indeed. A point I’ve made before.

Surely they can recognise that figuring that one out pays exponential benefits for app users - and, obviously, the usefulness, shelf life and reputation of the app.

A force multiplier for the library (though it would yield benefits for imports too).

+ @INDIR3CT

I seem to recall that ‘education’ (partnerships) was an avenue they were looking into a while back. No idea what came of it - if anything.
So, maybe the long answer is a bit more positive than the short answer.

I believe they said they were looking into it but it was difficult to accomplish with the way that Apple handles the subscriptions. I could be remembering wrong, this was eight months ago. Surely enough time to look and make a decision, I’d assume.

Monophonic mode per instrument would be particularly useful - especially for basses and leads.

A few relatively small? suggestions

To be able to see where notes are while in the automation view, possibly via some sort of overlay.

To be able to move instruments more than 1 row at a time, like drag and drop.

Scene group loop. Kinda like the mass delete function. Long press drag to select highlight and loop a small set of scenes.

One click mute for individual drums in empty kit setups.

More colors for labels.

Would also loooove if we could blend scenes, some kinda carryover (the oft mentioned adsr) of sound from scene to scene if desired

I haven’t seen someone suggest #1 before and I think it’s an excellent idea.

Desktop DAWs make use of the increased “screen real estate” to be able to display automation alongside note loops. I think Auxy could do something similar by a transparent non responsive overlay to the loops.

FWIW, I can’t even count how many times I switch back and forth between loops and automation (especially when it’s very precise and to the note) just to find out where I need to automate.

Ok Akabil ;3

To answer the post though, this transparent overlay idea is very similar to what Garageband for iOS and even Medly do, so I’d think it’d be useful and could fit right into the workflow and view nicely.