Plagiarism in the Auxy Community

So I was logging onto SoundCloud today, and I saw that a guy named Aidan McJoseph liked one of my tracks. I don’t usually click on pages like this since they’re usually bots. Anyway, I decided to listen to “his stuff” and realized he stole @MrSerpent’s track “suncaster”. I commented a link to Mr. Serpent’s song, and within minutes, it was deleted. So I got curious. Turns out he stole a lot of other Auxy tracks too. He stole my collab with @Yaad, “starlight” and @Fuujiya’s song “Forest Groove”. And it doesn’t just stop there on his SoundCloud. I saw that he had a Spotify so I checked it out. He “collabed” with a guy named Asleep (which I’m pretty sure is another alias he made up) on @MR_ANDERSON’s song “The Heavens”. I notified the members of Auxy Collective about it, and we discovered that he stole “Sand Castle” by @aUstin_Haga, and some songs by @decruz and @Phluze too.
Of course, this action isn’t right, and it needs to be stopped somehow. We noticed that the majority of stuff that was stolen was from artists that were reposted on the Auxy SoundCloud. How do we prevent this from happening in the future, and how would you all advise that this be dealt with? Something needs to be done to get this guy to remove “his” stolen songs.

23 Likes

Happens all the time these days. If you report a song for copyright infringement on SoundCloud, the team will usually review it and take it down pretty fast; in fact, I’ve done that for sand castle before.

12 Likes

Here’s his Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/5I8EEKX3goH6J6IPk9ALzW?si=7bYHgLOpRgallUmN72tG_Q

Here’s his SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/user-186476996

Hopefully we can figure out a way for this to be dealt with. I’m more worried about the Spotify plagiarism than anything because I have no idea if there’s a way to take his stolen stuff down.

5 Likes

I knew it was only a matter of time…:confused:

I’ll probably reach out to him.

5 Likes

Good idea. I already sent him a rather unpleasant SoundCloud DM regarding my song that he stole. I doubt he’ll respond but I think he’ll take down the songs eventually if enough people message him.

3 Likes

If you guys haven’t yet, please report them on the platforms where you’re finding your stuff. That’s really all you can do. There’s nothing we can do about it here but thanks for the heads up!

9 Likes

Dang. I don’t get why people plagiarize. Okay, you don’t have the skill to make a banger track. So what? Everyone starts somewhere. And if you don’t have the required patience to make music, then maybe it isn’t the hobby/career path for you, you know what i mean?

10 Likes

Do u think it’s spam?

1 Like

That’s not what spam is. Spam is when a person or bot repeatedly posts either similar or meaningless comments or messages

5 Likes

There’s probably more of these people too :tired_face:

1 Like

This is honestly one of the nicer plagiarists I’ve seen out there

4 Likes

Imma just come in here to say sorry for starting this lil’ war here in the community. I know I said this a couple time before, but PLEASE don’t be too harsh on this person. I mean, yes, please report him and DM him, but I want your encounter of a/the plagiarist to be private, not public. It was just cause an angry crowd which will be hard to calm down.

Trust me, I’ve been there.

7 Likes

Are the stolen songs all ones that have had their project files posted?
Or was he just jacking the MP3s from Soundcloud?

2 Likes

Mine was one in the app, so he could have used the project file.

2 Likes

Well, I got things sorted on my end. This guy knows he made a mistake and is currently taking down the songs he’s plagiarized. Case closed :smile:

7 Likes

His most popular song on Spotify is still Ac600 under a new name/art

2 Likes

He told me he was taking down a bunch of things, so we’ll see what happens.

3 Likes

Yeah I feel you people would still a bunch of things from me on this one website called musescore. It can get pretty frustrating, but the real question is, is he giving you guys credit? Because if he is sometimes this can help promote your music out there.

1 Like

I haven’t posted the project for Ac600 anywhere. Looks like he just ripped the audio.

1 Like

I think he ripped stuff from SoundCloud as well as stole demo projects.

1 Like