Online Feature?

Wouldn’t it be cool if there was an online feature that allowed multiple people to work on a project at the exact same time? I feel like it would make collaborations so much more easier. What do you guys think?

7 Likes

I like this idea it’ll make collaborating way easier

1 Like

Well, it would be cool, but there are actually ways you can do that.

ONE. ANSWER: DISCORD.

1 Like

He means two people simultaneously working on the project.

2 Likes

Like microsoft office 365

This sounds like it would be a nightmare to work on.

8 Likes

Really? I would think it would just take a really long time.

1 Like

It doesn’t seem like it would be that useful either. Music is a lot different than a text document. And a lot more complicated.

7 Likes

Right, I’ve collabed with other twice and it’s much better if we have some form of communication like Discord as we already have at least one Auxy-themed Discord server.

1 Like

Would agree. First off, the framework for making something like this works sounds like a nightmare. Would rather see more features in what we have (open ended synthesis, audio loops, performance fx, midi input etc).

There is an app called Endless I think, it’s in beta… and it’s a similar idea except people work on a project and stack layers to build a project. All I could think was what happens really when it goes totally sideways? It’s not like a text doc and even on those platforms you can see where people are working - how would I know what scenes or knobs someone else is using??

Also, I don’t think it’s live yet, but apparently Audiotool is getting this functionality. Sounds like a nightmare lol.

3 Likes

What if this idea were to actually happen what would it take it riddles me to think how this would work

That would be awesome, but really confusing/hard for the two or more people actually working on the project. I believe there has been an in-depth discussion of this idea on a different thread as well, if you want to check it out.

1 Like

On paper, it seems like a good idea to collab with other people through one file, but depending on the amount of people you have, that’s straight up impossible.

You can only have 20 total layers and majority of that’s going to be used for layering.

1 Like

what about live jamming right so people together decide what they do , so I believe that making it easy to find out who is doing what , in what key and all that so I believe making it very easy and clear is good , like a game where you play as a team you can still play the game on your own but for It to work you would need to talk . I feel like making music with someone should be like a conversation you take turn but it is easy to do, so I feel a app that makes it easy to send the ideas back and forth like a messaging app so you make something and you don’t link it you just the new model

1 Like

This would seem almost possible on Macs.

1 Like

That’s Ableton Link

1 Like