Old BTC Challenges

Did anyone save the projects or guidelines for the previous BTC challenges? I never did the first 7 and I’m having trouble remembering some of them so I was just wondering if anyone did have them. They always are a source of inspiration if I need something quick to compose and I’m fresh out of ideas.

2 Likes

I would love these as well. Might have to ask one of the developers

I took part in #2, #4, and #6. In the second one there was a beat ready and you had to build from there. In number 4 there was a small piece ready and you had to remix it. In #6 I can’t see what it was supposed to see sorry :stuck_out_tongue: and unfortunately the projects were on my old phone

Yeah I did #3 and then #7 through to the last one #17 missing #13

I think I remember #4 or 5 was a drum track only challenge

1 Like

@Auxy do you have some of the old BTC projects?

1 Like

Here is a list of BTC.

#1: make a track with 95bpm, 4bars, 4 instruments
#2: make a track with this drum set, https://app.auxy.co/projects/EMduA-r6VEfbpyZfIB8rZA== ,within 30sec.
#3: make a track with no drum
#4: Remix DeCruz btc #1
#5: make a track only with drum
#6: make a track with 4instruments, within 30sec (maybe different…)
#7: make a happy track with major code, 8bars
#8: make a track with this https://app.auxy.co/projects/OjX2nzCNBP14SEh1Aa6gkA==, within 1 min
#9: make a track with Dust, Muffin, Mask, Rain, within 1min
#10: make a track with sweeper
#11: Remix RAC demo track
#12: make track with this https://app.auxy.co/projects/HJ1eXbTKO6TysHFgDIRv1A==, within 1min
#13: make track with 82bpm, 4bars
#14: make a track with harmonic minor, within 30sec. Beat the Clock #14
#15: make a track with dollar, subway, runner, kiss, within 1min
Beat the Clock #15
#16: make track with this https://app.auxy.co/projects/YujeLvvL1jnVIyHgyjnuGw==, within 30sec Beat the Clock #16
#17: Remix twinkle twinkle little star Beat the Clock #17
#Special edition: make a tutorial video Beat the Clock Special Video Edition
#18: Make a 5 minute video detailing how you start an auxy song and post it to youtube.Beat the Clock #18: 5 Minutes of Auxy
#19: Make a song in F# minor, 117 bpm, full swing (10) and ducker with kick, under 45 seconds.Beat the Clock #19
#20: make a heaviest powerful drop with thick bass, within 16 bars(8 for build, other 8 for drop), 90-110 bpm. harmonic minor is not allowed.Beat the Clock #20
#21: Remix STAR WARS music.Beat the Clock #21
#22: Choose one of the 2 offered pictures (freedom and loneliness) and create a track that best shows that emotion.
Beat the Clock #22

(19/11/2017 updated)

19 Likes

That’s amazing that you took track of that and provided everything. -claps-

1 Like

@TheRealJFalc mannnn, that’s all you had and you came up with such a unique mix. That’s astounding, thanks for letting me work with you on finishing that BTC 8

1 Like

Thanks x3 I think the remix collaboration you did from it worked so much better though x3 like it was amazing to work with you on it

1 Like

I think #13 also has to be 82 bpm as well, but I can’t be certain if I am remembering that part correctly xD

2 Likes

Correct, #13 was 4 bars at 82bpm – I ultimately turned the “4@82” RnD into its own track that involved people floating in the ocean and being eaten by shark, because that’s how I roll.

2 Likes

@TheRealJFalc , @wagneric , thanks, I’ll revise the list!

18: Make a 5 minute video detailing how you start an auxy song and post it to youtube.
19: Make a song in F# minor, 117 bpm, full swing (10) and ducker with kick, under 45 seconds.

Wanted to update with the newest BTC challenges.

1 Like

I started Auxy when it was BTC #11 so :man_shrugging:

I will update it!
Do you mind if I copy and paste your description?

If you want to go ahead xD I don’t mind I just thought I’d make the post and all

1 Like

Am I the only one that remembers BTC #1?
Lol I was too lazy to do something for it :joy:

1 Like

Hey, I submitted 3 tracks to BTC #1

1 Like

I still remember that I was really surprised for the btc #1 selection because most of them had legit thumbnails :joy: (at that time there was no artwork export function inAuxy).
There were Decruz, s0phont, BSJ, and more.

1 Like