Not To Bother - Cyaxes [Electronic, Pop, RnB]

Hi all,

I’m new to the forums, but I’ve been using Auxy for about a year or so been writing music for fun for a while longer.

Recently, I’ve wanted to replicate the sound of one of my favorite producer duos: Stargate (Tor Erik Hermansen and Mikkel Storleer Eriksen). For those who aren’t familiar, they’ve produced a litany of hit singles like Ne-Yo’s 'So Sick and Sam Smith’s/Normani’s ‘Dancing with a Stranger’.

I really fell in love with their super clean, meticulous mixes, esp. in Ne-Yo’s early singles and ‘Dancing With A Stranger’. The melodies are fairly simple, but the production maximizes the impact. I also love the RnB/Europop fusion.

So, I started off covering ‘So Sick’ in Auxy to try to get their sound down (esp. wrt to synths). It’s really subtle but I made some progress. Same with Ne-Yo’s ‘Go On Girl’. However, I wanted to sort of write my own take applying what I learned.

That take ‘Not To Bother (v3)’ is linked below. It’s incomplete. But I thought I would post to get feedback on how to improve the track generally on composition and refining the sound of the synths and automation to approximate the polish of producers like Stargate more. Im not mixing or mastering outside of Auxy so maybe this isn’t possible.

I also am not great at writing drums. But I like to add fills when I can.

Any and all feedback/suggestions is appreciated!

https://audiomack.com/song/cyaxes/not-to-bother-v3

1 Like