Nominating/voting for featured tracks!?

It would be really cool if there was a ranking system kind of like reddit and then each month the top voted song would be featured/reposted? It would also serve as a good promotion system as people would listen to the most up-voted tracks!

7 Likes

Then, people with fewer followers will go even more unnoticed

10 Likes

Why? The whole point would be that if their music was good it would get voted up which would cause more people to see it! (in theory)

key words: in theory

5 Likes

true.

But why wouldn’t it work?

kinda like what @NotMiles said, unless the poll for voting includes some songs of lesser known artists, the overwhelming majority of people will vote for songs from artists that people may be more familiar with. just a scenario tho, it might work, u never know. shrug

3 Likes

Well, it depends: is it based on SoundCloud likes or Disco likes? If it’s SoundCloud, it would definitely leave a ton of people unnoticed.

I believe both should be possible.

ah I see where you guys got confused. I meant anybody could submit their song lol

neither unless it was built into the disco somehow. this would be seperate

Oooooohhhhhhh. That could work.

So, people submit a song to a nomination thread and then people vote on it?

Probably wouldn’t be on the disco though

A reddit type thing

Well, r/Auxy is a thing that exists

More people use Disco tho

Wouldn’t there be patronage?

People would vote for their friends’ tracks…

I’m just wondering… is there a way to prevent this from happening?

3 Likes

That would be a nope

1 Like

what if the tracks wouldn’t be labeled. it would be just the music with a number.

7 Likes

In the grand scheme of things, I think we should let the developers find what they think is a good representation of the app. Imo it’s for the better.

3 Likes