No automation challenge - [Jax] [March]

Hey guys! Jax here! It’s a new month, and that means, another challenge!

So, as you can probably tell by the title, in this challenge, you can use no automations. This includes automation loops and the instrument mixer itself. If you are using reverb, it’s either all the way on or all the way off. Same goes for lowpass, delay, and everything else.

Disclaimer:
This challenge is just for fun, so there’s no real prize other than a repost.

Rules:
You can’t use any automation!
No automation loops!
For the instrument dials, either go all the way on or all the way off. This goes for drums as well! Pitch is excluded.
You must post a soundcloud link if you want the prize.
You must also dm me the project link, not that I think any of you would cheat, but just in case.

Prizes:
You probably know by now, but ima say it anyways
You get a glorious repost from me… a guy with 25 followers.

Hope this isn’t too difficult!

-Jax

Hmmmm I can try but it’s gonna be weird lol

Hey, I might actually try this. At first glance it seemed like Make a Boring Song Challenge but it’s an interesting concept

I like the idea, but this is gonna be a mess unless I can freely mix my volume (not automate it, just pick volumes). Is that alright?

Would assume not… the challenge is for you to work without that functionality

True, but volume doesn’t really change the song as much as the others.

That is indeed the case.

However, it is called automation. And the challenge is to use no automation. :wink:

Well it is a called a challenge…

So no volume automation :slight_smile:

Yeah, either all the way on or all the way off. Wait

Without any automations there’s no way a song can sound good. Transitions is a vital part of music and everything would be abrupt. But anything is possible.

you just have to beliieeevvee

I’ll try

What about the settings for each individual sound in a drum kit? Those have volume set to half as the default.

the only things you can’t change for the drums are the lowpass and high pass and volume as a whole. The individual drums are okay.

Ok, thanks

Your insane boi

quiet maniacal laughter

If I get one submission, I’d be supprised.