New sound design im working on

so i pretty much picked up Electronic music when i was about 9 or 10 and i was never satisfied with the modern pop music around that time 5 years on ive used synths to create new sounds mainlt including basses and other sound effects.
unfortunately after my computer broke 1 year ago (and still havent gotten a new one) i have been stuck in one place. thats when i found Auxy of July last year. i got to grips with various instruments and after the automation update i have really gotten to grips with making similar sounding or new sounding sound design. a track im working on heavily focuses on using these techniques and i encourage everyone else to go out of their comfort zone and try something new.
i havent heard these techniques used in anyone else tracks yet and i think that everyone else can try to.

the most popular theme right now is seemingly future bass but id like to see a lor more diverse genres, my favourite being neuro bass which i myself like to think i create.

anyway i just want to see more variety and interesting sounds in tracks today. if anyone knows anyone like this then let me know ;}

~X

8 Likes

Neuro bass in Auxy? Good luck with that. I really want to hear a finished result. Have you heard the song Goo Lagoon by Au5? I think this is neuro bass.

You should check it out. One of my favorites. The sound design is just insane. The drop at 4:32 is my favorite part.
1 Like

Are you asking for examples of good Auxy producers who are doing good/interesting sound design – or examples from anywhere of producers doing good/interesting sound design (from a specific or any genre)?

I now realize what types of songs neuro Bass is.

…expect a song soon.

4 Likes

yes i am. huge fan of Au5’s work as he makes really interesting sound design. especially in this track. however this isnt the work flow i chose, i go more along the lines of Alon Mor, Koan sound and Chee they are my main inspirations

1 Like

Ekstrak would you like a lil preview of my neuro bass track?

im just seeing if there are more people who dont just try and make do with the standard instruments and or the instruments from packs. and im looking for a larger variety in genre popularity atm as well

I know a few here try to shift things away from the stock sounds (most here are desperate for new sound packs, including me). Imo, Auxy music makers need to push the sounds around a bit, as many of the stock sounds are so recognisable as Auxy sounds (not in a good way).

I like to push sounds around a bit, especially for prominent parts, such as leads.
I’ve got a couple of pieces in different stages of development that push some of the sounds in really gritty directions that I’ve not heard in Auxy tracks yet.

3 Likes

yes. ive found many instruments that sound very interesting when pushed incredibly low. my favourites being Puma and Lobster in “The future”. resembles some what of a SNAILS reese. when automating pitch and highpass filter you can get Growl sounds too

3 Likes

I’ve just stumbled across this post, I’ve been trying to create neuro bass in the style of Noisia, Mefjus, Phace etc in Auxy for a while but with no joy, anyone have any tips?

4 Likes

This is the kind of bass that I’m talking about, obviously I understand that I probably won’t be able to get something as good as this but I’m looking to develop a close sounding neuro bass, Amy ideas guys?

1 Like

1 piece of the bass sounds like freak with low pass to me, not quite sure. I also hear some glitchy stuff so maybe bitty with low notes too?

1 Like

It sounds quite complex so you’ll definitely need multiple basses/ a lot of automation

1 Like

Agreed, sounds like two different bass sounds playing two separate notes (maybe 5ths or octave?). They might be having similar automations. I took a quick listen and that was my first though: Two different basses. Unsure about Auxy instrument names can’t help there lol, they’re too wacky.

2 Likes

Yeah I think I hear 3 different basses or just different automations for basses because 1 bass (the glitchy one) that sounds completely different than the other two.

1 Like

Experiment with very gritty sounding basses, and low pass filtering. Also slight highpassing the sound makes it a little bit more “vocal”. Thats how I would have gone about it

3 Likes

also a sub bass layer. Its always good to use samples as well if you cant get the right result

2 Likes

I like the high pass tip, but tbh, I don’t think you’re gonna get there with only gritty basses like the boom bass pack. I think it’ll sound more like it with for example freak.

1 Like

But imo, there aren’t any great sounds in auxy to make dark dnb/ neuro.

1 Like

This is the sub genre of Dnb that I struggle with, I’m sure you can probably get the sound by utilising other apps and twisting the sounds on Auxy.

1 Like