Net neutrality for Americans has been killed

:sob: Net neutrality is now dead in the USA :sob: :us: :computer:

The FCC has voted to remove net neutrality laws that created an even playing field on the internet. Now telcom companies such as Verizon, AT&T, etc can restrict your access to the internet. They can also slow down or speed up certain websites depending on how much the website and you pay them. This is awful for the free internet and awful for users. Take action here: https://www.battleforthenet.com/

-Hum4n01d

Previously

“We have just days. The FCC is about to vote to end net neutrality—breaking the fundamental principle of the open Internet—and only an avalanche of calls to Congress can stop it. So this Tuesday, December 12th, “Break the Internet” on your site, Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, LinkedIn, reddit, Tumblr, Youtube or in whatever wild creative way you can to get your audience to contact Congress. That’s how we win. Are you in?”

Please change your profile pics to this and spread the message around.

15 Likes

Save net neutrality!!!

Calls prob can’t stop it

Just gotta like stop him from getting to the place they do the vote

Calls can stop it. And they’re better than nothing.

4 Likes

I don’t really know very much about this or why it is such a problem. Could somebody explain it a little more?

Basically, net neutrality is our freedom online, and allows every site to run at the same speed, and you don’t have to pay your internet providers to use certain websites, etc.

I might get this wrong but from the top of my head, the old FCC director was making sure that net neutrality would stay, but President Trump directed a new FCC director, who wants to end net neutrality. So pretty soon they are gonna be voting on it, and it could mean the end of net neutrality.

1 Like

So our internet provider would be able to slow down a website or make us pay to get on a website, in order to make more money?

3 Likes

Ya. It sucks. We gotta do something.

3 Likes

Look, I did it! Yay

1 Like

Yes, they could also decide which websites you can and cannot visit and make you pay extra to do what you want. Example:

(credit to thewindowsclub.com)

1 Like

Did it.

NetNeutralityLogo

Spread the message on your SoundCloud pages, too

9 Likes

Have no Idea what’s going but sounds important so I’m in give me a sec to make a pic for my self and add it on my new song

It’s very important! Do you like the sound of having to pay extra money to your internet service provider to use websites like YouTube, Reddit, Google, etc.? Well, that’s what the FCC is trying to do by killing net neutrality.

I thought the old fcc person tried to do the same but he actually listened to the people and stopped

Ajit Pai is a greedy dirtbag

7 Likes

Go to 0:42

6 Likes