Nakamoto by Nyneth

Satoshi Nakamoto is the name used by the unknown person or people who designed bitcoin and created its original reference implementation.

[1] As part of the implementation, they also devised the first blockchain database.

[2] In the process they were the first to solve the double-spending problem for digital currency.

They were active in the development of bitcoin up until December 2010.

Who are you Nakamoto?

1 Like

Love it.
Followed on BC and I’ll be sure to check out your other stuff too.

Open to hearing any feedback?
(Nothing major in mind, just one, maybe two thoughts.)

1 Like

Hey @akabillposters,

I’m glad you like it, sure I’m always interested in feedback

Hi. I think it’s a great piece. Some great sound design and composition style in there.

It’s probably because you’ve put ideas into sound design that the drum sounds feel a little ‘undesigned’ – particularly noticeable on the kick, but also the presence of the uneffected ‘toms’.
They seem to be the stock sounds – and I think that creates two issues…

1. It drags the piece back to ‘Auxy reality’ (when, up to that point, you’ve done a good job of shifting it via sound design for the tonal instruments) [This may be a symptom of being so familiar with all the stock Auxy sounds and may not be a problem to a listener who doesn’t use Auxy.]
  2. (Perhaps more importantly) It misses an opportunity to put your stamp on the drum sounds too.

Consider layering kicks, using filters to shape the elements of the sound.
Consider also subtly layering tonal instruments over the toms to shape them.

Of course, this is just my opinion and you may consider the drums sounds perfect for what you had in mind.
But, for my experience of listening to the piece, I was a little disappointed when the drums came in using undesigned sounds.

HTH.

2 Likes

Thanks for this great advice! I’m actualy happy with the drum sound, but you’re on point. Always learning :slight_smile: Thanks for your feedback.

1 Like