Musicians block

I’m out of ideas! What do I do?!

5 Likes

Short answer and probably not the one you want: push yourself. Even if it sounds terrible, do it. Eventually, even if it takes hours, days, or weeks, something will click. It takes time and persistence.

5 Likes

Try listening to a new style and pushing yourself to learn it. That’s what I’ve done.

2 Likes

I get writers block all the time, but I always get out of it. I say just clear your mind, go on a bike ride, or something like that.
What doesn’t work for me is listening to other music. When I do that, I try to recreate the style and I always get frustrated and then get even more writers block.
To sum up, do something that isn’t music, and then you’ll be making music in no time! (Trust me :sweat_smile:)

3 Likes

Dang callin me out like that right after I responded :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Of course though, this is what works for me. If this doesn’t work for you, then try to find out what has worked in the past and do that.

2 Likes

Haha! I didn’t even see yours until just now :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

We literally responded at the same time with opposite advice. But @Vepium it’s all subjective. I say try both ways and then some to get things flowing. Whatever works will end up being the thing tatted works… yeah

Also @Eswyn has the most completely legitimate point so definitely do that too

3 Likes

Try creating a track with something you usually don’t do first. If you usually do melody first, try drums first :man_shrugging:t3:
If you usually sit, try standing. Try playing something live if you have a instrument.
Read a book :thinking:
Anything inspire you other than music? Try that out. Remember it’s okay to take a break if you feel you need to! If you are in a creative rut you can always take the time to learn about music rather than create.

4 Likes