More (better) pads?

Is it just me, or does anyone out there want some more pads?

Yes, I know we just got the Sweet pads pack a while back, But I find I don’t use it so much, sometimes as a second layer, but almost never as a main pad. The sounds are just too clean & thin, very hard to get any depth or texture or movement out of them, they sound very flat if in the foreground.

I get much better use out of Blanket and 8080 from the Euphoric pack, andI’m still leaning heavily on oldies like Silk, Runner, iand Morning.

Some pads which were more rich to begin with would be nice, and for the tone control not just chorus every time, but modulation, filter envelope , or even the cutoff like with Atom

PS:
Luftrum Is a very good pad designer, he did great work for Thor. I will often import pads from there as samples.

9 Likes

If these pads would be in there then it’s gonna be awesome because I’m kinda into making ambient in the intro or something like that.

3 Likes

I am in the same camp of importing pads from other places.

1 Like

Maybe we should have pads where you can change the attack duration by using the shape knob?

4 Likes

Supersaws pls

9 Likes

Yes. We need super saws.

5 Likes

if the devs had some way of porting sounds from serum or other synths directly to auxy, i could send them some amazing supersaw patches i’ve collected over the years.:wink: @Auxy if you see this and you want to try it, dm me. i know some people who are big sound design nerds too so they could probably help you out more than i could.

4 Likes

Pretty sure Lenberg has said before that Fredrik does the actual sound design using Serum, and the actual synthesizer in Auxy is based heavily around Serum. It’s not designed to be open for users to use though. That would defeat the simplicity goal of the app.

I do agree though, some more pads would be nice. We need some triangles.

4 Likes

What about other soundwaves? I personally never used Serum, so I’m not to exactly sure if it has sine, square, triangle, saw, sharktooth, etc.

Just wondering, where did you hear this?

i’d love some soft pads, similar to the vintage keys, that have rounder sounds with shifting attack

1 Like

I really don’t remember xD pretty sure I remember reading it somewhere on here before.

I’d recommend checking out the demo for it. It does wavetable synthesis, much like Auxy. It loads up .wav files and plays them as if they were waveforms. And it’s beastly.

1 Like

that would be awesome.

1 Like

I wholeheartedly agree. A pack of nothing but hard, powerful chord sounds would be awesome.

3 Likes

Yes the serum we will never be able use to import instruments into auxy. :pensive:

1 Like

If you have serum and want to use the sounds you made in Auxy, it’s not that difficult to just export the audio

Or you could export the tracks from Auxy into your DAW and work from there

just saying…

4 Likes

I think you’re on to something, Although you can’t get the whole entire scale of the instrument into one sample. Do you know what would be ideal for your own samples a drum like sample but for instruments!

3 Likes

I will note that this thread was from two years ago, and we still haven’t gotten much of an increase in pads, Anemone was quite nice but otherwise blah. We get drum machine after drum machine. Please can’t we get a pack of lush, rich pads? Pretty essential for house, Lo Fi, chill, ambient, future garage, chillstep…Et al.

I think that’s partly bc of the introduction of Attack and Release, which supposedly turns most of the instruments in the library into potential pads.

That said, I’d love to see some dedicated Juno and Prophet style pads.

1 Like

I’ve got some ideas here after I’m done sampling my Model Cycles. It won’t be perfect, it might even be kind of wonky, but the melodic sampler seems flexible enough to import decent samples for pads. Obviously they get a little hefty, but for example, I’m exporting 4 bar loops at 120 bpm which equates to about 8 seconds. The attack and release controls work pretty well in the testing I did, so I think depending on sound source you can import more complex stuff.

The big caveat here is that since there’s no time stretch you gotta be careful with sources using detuning or certain modulations because they will get VERY out of sync if they are tempo based. If they are fast or slow enough and not locked to tempo I don’t think it will be noticeable (and in fact, might have a nice “hardware sampler” quality to them)

Edit: The really interesting stuff will be exporting a loop of something VERY textural, like some granular synth stuff, and seeing how that behaves. I think it’s gonna follow the same rules as detuned/tempo synced LFO stuff, but when you speed up and slow down really texture heavy stuff you can get some pretty interesting results.

3 Likes