Mastermind - SlowByDesign [Electronic/Rock?]

https://soundcloud.com/slowbydesign/mastermind

hey guys!

This is my newest one - it has some interesting distorted drums and vocal samples interlaced into the main beat. I guess I’d say it’s Mr. Hahn influenced?

Hope you guys dig it :slight_smile: :+1:

(I posted this yesterday with my phone and I think I might’ve messed it up. So, I just went ahead and deleted that post. Hope that’s okay :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I really like this track. The drums are on point. I think the bass feels a little too flat though and maybe some more experimentation with the sound could have made this a better track. It’s really nice overall though.

BTW, you can edit posts so you don’t have to delete them.

2 Likes

Thanks Spaghetti :+1:t2:

Yeah, honestly, I kinda feel the same way about the bass.

I tried messing with it a bit, but it fit snuggly with everything else - so I kept it.

Not exactly having to do with what you said but - Some stuff sounds completely different coming out of my iphone vs earbuds vs the stock speakers in my car. I pretty much always have to brighten stuff up after hearing it in my car.

Do you ever struggle with this balance?
Do you know of a more efficient way to streamline the process?

Thanks!

1 Like

Super common problem. The best you can do is A/B on as many pieces of equipment as you can get your hands on. Personally I use two sets of headphones, my vehicle, the television and a crappy mono bluetooth speaker. It also helps to mix in mono, though honestly in Auxy I’ve never had this been a problem for anything I’ve worked on. If you get a mix sounding good in mono, when you switch it back to stereo it really shines.

2 Likes