Keiji - Thrashie

https://soundcloud.com/rainbrothrash/keiji
New song, hope you guys enjoy it (darker theme) :wink:

SpOoPy! I really love the dark feeling of the song. The only thing that I would change would be the percussion. It just feels too lacking and empty. I don’t know what I would change about the drums, but something does need to be changed.

1 Like

Yeah I will admit the beginning as well as some other parts lacks power in the drum department. Thanks for the constructive criticism. ^-^

I love it. It has your trademark sonic inventiveness that makes you one of my favourite - and almost certainly my most reposted - makers here.

I also quite like the early drums/intro. Sure, it doesn’t have a conventionally satisfying sense of completeness, but that’s why I find it more interesting. That rawness is part of your sound and it’s what makes your music stand out to me. It doesn’t tend to go where you expect it to go. (A good thing.)
(I don’t mean raw to suggest basic or poor. Your stuff has an edge to it - and that’s also a good thing.)

And, even though I’m a little exhausted by some Auxy sounds, they work quite well as you’ve used them - even though some are unchanged.
I think in other genres, some of the sounds you’ve used are a little exhausted. However, when paired up with your music, those sounds actually feel a bit like an interesting introduction/blend – to me.

Again, unexpected. :wink:

That said, I can’t help wishing there was a little more sound design, playing around to create distinct sounds might add another dimension to your stuff. On some tracks, you really show that you know how to sequence and create interesting production details with sounds. It’s just a case of doing more to shape those sounds ahead of using them.)

:+1: on the cover art too… a black flower. Nice interpretation for this track.
Could have used something more obviously aggressive, but went a bit deeper. Good stuff.

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words as well. I will definitely look into how to expand apon the existing formula. : )

I wish i could give you a gold medal :joy:

1 Like

@Thrashie m8 that is some amazingly creepy stuff, loving the dark atmosphere you created, my ears are very pleased :ok_hand:t2::ok_hand:t2::ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes