Just released my new track “Flow”

Here’s the SoundCloud link: https://soundcloud.com/colin-m-348193009/flow-2021-06-29-11-05-48

Also I used this guys chord progression so go check him out: Profile - Zepi - Auxy Disco

Tbh, I preferred the chilled vibe of the stripped back intro and was expecting (hoping) it would evolve into a solid, understated minimal melodic techno piece (but it doesn’t).

Imo, the lead melody sounds like it’s in a different key. Not out of tune, per se, but like it’s working from a different root note in that scale. (That can work, but I don’t think it works here.)

I also found those lead moments quite jarring — as though the track was suddenly trying to be something else. Just didn’t feel like it fitted well within the overall vibe of the track.

Similarly, some of the drum ideas aren’t working for me — e.g. the off-beat snares that start at 0:45.
Drum sounds choices also don’t feel quite right.

The glockenspiel sound works perfectly, feels good and is a good choice within the sound palette.

Imo, there’s a really solid idea underneath the piece. The vibe set up at the start is great.
I’d consider stripping it back to the core theme — and maybe trying a different direction.

Thx for the feedback

I’m still figuring out how to do good sound selection in auxy and the drop and stuff was kinda rushed cuz of school

Also ngl I have no idea what techno music is and how to make it lol

Well techno is like electronic in my opinion, I’m not sure tho…

Techno is one of the major sub-genres within the general category/genre of Electronic.

(It was also one of the earlier Electronic music styles.)

1 Like

Whoa cool.

I glad you could finish it into something. So cool! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Yea sounds great!