Just a few polls for you!

Hello there, today I have five polls for you. I am also curious how this will turn out.

What is your favorite type of genre of music?

• Everything
  • Electronic [Including DnB]
  • Jazz/Classical
  • Other

0 voters

How much do you like Auxy?

0 voters

Do you like soft music or loud music?

• Soft music
  • Loud music

0 voters

What do you think about your own music?

• I am doing pretty good
  • I am not so confident about how I am doing
  • Don’t know
  • I do not know what to say

0 voters

What is your favorite kind of melodic instrument?

• Pluck/Mallet
  • Orchestral
  • Lead
  • Bass
  • Pad

0 voters

3 Likes

I can’t get behind either answer on loud or soft music. It’s best when the dynamics morph throughout.

11 Likes

I put other for the genre question because I don’t regard electronic music as a genre anymore, merely a medium like acoustic/organic/orchestral or what have you

5 Likes

Lol why is DnB specified in the electronic answer?

7 Likes

Since when is DnB not edm?

2 Likes

Never. I am just clarifying it, because some people do not know.

Some people do not know.

1 Like

It’s a good thing we don’t decide the rating for Auxy on the App Store… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Well, I am trying to use subgenres, because otherwise there would be a flood of answers.

1 Like

I don’t think you’re understanding what I’m trying to say. Electronic isn’t a genre. It’s a way to make music. There are way too many styles that come out of electronic production to group all those people together. (Also, Not all electronic music classified as EDM)

5 Likes

I think it’s fair to call electronic a genre. It’s a category that music can go into.

There are many sub genres that are more specific but genres are pretty arbitrary to begin with (at least the more general ones)

5 Likes

Well there’s a difference between the types of categories music can be divided into. Genre is more of a stylistic category group and electronic isn’t a style. The Production process encompasses another way you can categorize music but it’s not stylistic like genre. Electronic music is the distinction that it was produced electronically, not “stylisticly electronic” (see the rationale?)

2 Likes

tbf the only reason I chose pluck over lead is because you can get more variation with a pluck than a lead, but you give me a good lead and ill be gone for months doing work

1 Like

@Hum4n01d and @Peregrihn, lemme tell you what I think.

Electronic is NOT a genre, but it is a category that genres fit into.

The reason why I put that was because otherwise, the poll would be flooded with genres.

1 Like

I don’t think you understand what a genre is. The definition of a genre IS a category for music to go into…

2 Likes

But there’s a difference between stylistic categorization and classification of a specific medium of creation

2 Likes

Yeah, electronic music is a way to produce music but electronic is still a genre independent from that.

2 Likes

All Corvette’s are cars but not all cars are Corvette’s :woozy_face: :woozy_face: :woozy_face:

3 Likes

How though??? I mean that just doesn’t make sense to me. How can something be stylistically electronic

1 Like

I have seen tracks labeled as “electronic”. Granted it might be that someone didn’t want to specify, but i doubt it since the same artists would also put labels like “electro”, “synthwave”, house etc under their other tracks. (example: F.O.O.L)
Tho i do think that most people tend to use it to label stuff that doesnt fall into a specific category, people like FOOL have used it more to label their “sound”/style

dont know if that answer makes any sense.

1 Like

@Hum4n01d, maybe you are right the entire time.

Yes, electronic is a type of music, but also a genre.